Understand the various types of insurance policies that might apply to construction projects.
Many contractors and developers negotiate and draft contracts and are forced to bear the solvency and nonperformance risks of other parties and their contractual obligations. These exposures are often much larger than bonds or insurance purchased or other security held. Learn the major issues in negotiating and drafting such contracts, the risks that arise in these contracts, and the types and kinds of insurance policies and bonds that can be used to help address these risks. This course helps construction participants and their risk management and legal professionals understand their bond and insurance requirements and the various terms, conditions, and exclusions that they will need to understand in navigating their way to cover the losses that could occur.
Robert E. Frankel, Esq., AIF®
Investments & Wealth Institute
- Has worked in a variety of legal roles since graduating from Loyola Marymount University School of Law in 1992
- General Counsel at the Investments & Wealth Institute in Greenwood Village, Colorado; has been with the Institute for 10+ years
- Served as Deputy City Attorney for the City of Colorado Springs, Director and Senior Corporate Counsel at DISH Network LLC, and Law Clerk for The Honorable John R. Padova of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Was a shareholder at the law firm of Anderson Kill & Olick, P.C. for nearly 13 years, practice concentrated primarily in real estate litigation on behalf of owners, developers, and landlords and insurance recovery and bad faith litigation solely on behalf of policyholders
- Has written and lectured extensively on various insurance coverage topics, including topics involving the intersection of real estate and insurance recovery
- Has three published treatises: Insurance for Real Estate Related Entities (Fast Case 2019), Business Insurance (Fast Case 2019), Insuring Real Property Businesses (Law Journal Press September 2007)
- Has also published numerous articles in various periodicals
- Has lectured extensively on areas within his expertise
- Member in good standing of the Bars of the Supreme Courts of California, Colorado, and Pennsylvania, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Third and Sixth Circuits, and the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Middle District of Pennsylvania, and the District of Colorado
- J.D. degree, Order of the Coif, Loyola Marymount University Law School; B.A. degree in economics, University of California at Berkeley
- Can be contacted at 303-850-3082 or [email protected]
Nicholas M. Insua
Reed Smith LLP
- Partner at Reed Smith LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of insurance recovery litigation and counseling, exclusively for policyholders
- Frequent speaker and lecturer on insurance law topics
- Author of a number of articles, as well as Business Income Insurance Disputes, a leading treatise on first-party property business income (interruption) insurance issues
- Member of the American Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, and Pennsylvania Barr Association
- B.A. degree, Yale University; J.D. degree, with highest honors (and first in class), Rutgers Law School
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.