Learn best practices for comp time and how to introduce comp time in your company.
Comp time, or compensatory time, is an alternate way of rewarding overtime work. Instead of paying an hourly employee time-and-a-half for work done over the time allotted in the normal work week, employers can allow an hour and a half of time off for each hour of overtime worked. This topic will cover how the FLSA views the use of comp time in relation to public agencies and private corporations. Under most circumstances, comp time is allowed by the FLSA for public agencies; however, a private corporation may have a labor agreement that outlines the specific award and use of comp time in place of financial compensation. Comp time should not be confused with flex time and this material will eliminate any confusion on this topic.
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance and HR leader
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Experience as an attorney with an HR background in employee relations, performance man-agement (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, and small startup companies
- Held director and executive-level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 334-274-3007
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.