Learn about the latest annexation issues and trends in development.
Zoning is often considered the matter of first concern when pursuing a development. But one must first determine whose zoning regulations and procedures will apply, and this is the annexation question. This topic will help you understand key factors affecting developments faced with the annexation question. Not only will you be able to identify and address critical issues arising in the annexation and development context, but this information will provide strategies for achieving development goals when there are competing developments, or competing municipalities, that could impact a development. Effectively utilizing annexation strategies will help establish a sound foundation for the overall entitlement process for a development
Victor P. Filippini, Jr.
Filippini Law Firm
- Founding Partner of Filippini Law Firm after having served as Illinois local government/real estate practice group leader at a 1000+ attorney international law firm
- Practice emphasizes land use, development, and local government law and finance, having worked on hundreds of developments and achieving positive results, whether in the board room, in the court room, or at the negotiating table
- Frequently conducts seminars and writes articles on a variety of land use matters including annexation, zoning, constitutional land use issues, RLUIPA, subdivision, building, historic preservation, architectural review, public financing options for development, and zoning litigation, as well as various local governmental law topics
- Adjunct professor of law teaching land use, state and local government, and development law at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law
- Co-author of Illinois Jurisprudence, Municipal Law, Annexations, Consolidations, and Transfer of Territory (1st Ed.)
- J.D. degree, cum laude, University of Michigan Law School; A.B. degree, magna cum laude, Harvard College; Northwestern University, School of Professional Studies, Mediation Certification
- Recognized by: The Best Lawyers in America; Best Law Firms in America; Super Lawyers; Leading Lawyers Network; Chambers USA; ALM’s Legal Leaders Top Rated Lawyer; recipient of Illinois Local Government Lawyers Association, 2016 Litigation Award
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-300-6549
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.