Make the most of your fixed assets and understand the crucial provisions and implications of the TCJA.
In today's opportunity-rich real estate market, investors want to ensure that they are making the most of their fixed assets. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) has revitalized interest in depreciation strategies new and old, while expanding tax savings opportunities like never before. This material will review the crucial CRE-related provisions of the TCJA and will address their implications. Topics will include bonus depreciation, qualified improvement property, interest deduction limitation, Section 179 expensing, and more. Useful graphic tools related to each concept will be provided. Finally, the tangible property regulations will be reviewed, with a focus on their use in tandem with the TCJA.
Bruce A. Johnson, MBA, CEM
Capstan Tax Strategies
Bruce Johnson, CEM, CRE
- Partner at Capstan Tax Strategies
- Works closely with commercial real estate owners, investors, and accounting firms to provide practical, creative, and client-specific solutions
- Has overseen the delivery of thousands of energy efficiency and cost segregation studies
- Sought-after speaker on the national level, frequently addressing audiences at AICPA, CCIM, and other national professional organizations
- Featured presenter at the Association of Energy Engineers’ Globalcon event
- Holds the designation of Certified Energy Manager (CEM), an internationally recognized certification in energy management and efficiency
- Holds the designation of Counselor of Real Estate (CRE), a prestigious international credential that testifies to the holder’s experience, ethics, expertise, and prominence in the field of real estate
- Senior member of the American Society of Cost Segregation Professionals (ASCSP), member of the Counselors of Real Estate, Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), and board member for the Philadelphia Chapter of NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Parks)
- M.B.A degree, University of New Haven; B.S. degree, Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 215-885-7510
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.