Failure to understand the nature of business entities and the assets behind those entities may result in some hard lessons once an account is delinquent.
All too often, the difficulties faced by businesses in collecting commercial debts result from insufficient planning before credit is extended. Creditors who fail to understand the nature of the business entities to which they are selling goods and services and the persons and assets behind those entities may be in for some hard lessons once an account becomes delinquent. And it gets worse if the creditor fails to select legal counsel with particular experience in obtaining judgments and penetrating business entities determined not to pay. This presentation will assist business owners, financial officers, and credit managers with the development of credit applications and procedures; understanding the particular risks of extending credit to corporations, limited liability companies, and partnership entities and methods to minimize those risks; and implementing an effective collection strategy when an account becomes overdue. In addition to addressing the more traditional methods of enforcing money judgments, this topic will evaluate options unique to entity debtors, including receiverships, charging orders, and involuntary bankruptcy.
Robert W. Pontz
Brubaker Connaughton Goss & Lucarelli
- Founding member of the law firm of Brubaker Connaughton Goss & Lucarelli LLC, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Practice emphasizes commercial collection, representation of creditor interests in commercial litigation and bankruptcy proceedings, and business counseling
- Frequent local and regional speaker at programs covering advanced collection topics and commercial bankruptcy
- Admitted in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and federal courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- Active member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and Eastern and Middle District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conferences
- Named a ‘Select Lawyer’ in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights by Susquehanna Style magazine
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Washington and Lee School of Law; B.A. degree, with honors, majoring in history, College of William and Mary
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.