Understand the steps that should be taken to prevent exposure to bloodborne pathogens and the action to take should an exposure incident occur.
This topic will allow you to identify what bloodborne pathogens are (as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration). You will learn exactly what must be included in a company's Bloodborne Pathogen program to comply with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen standard. This material will help you understand the steps that should be taken to prevent exposure to bloodborne pathogens, reduce the risk of exposure, and action to take should an exposure incident occur. In addition, this material will help you understand what OSHA standards and/or guidance apply in connection with COVID-19. The topic will also ensure that you understand legal obligations under OSHA as well as best practices to reduce the risk of employee exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace.
Karen E. Milner
- Partner at FordHarrison LLP
- Practice focuses on the representation and counsel of management in matters and disputes related to employment law and labor relations
- Routinely works with in-house counsel, human resources directors and staff, and directors of labor relations to develop litigation avoidance strategies and to successfully defend against administrative actions or litigation from current and former employees
- On behalf of clients, she has appeared before various federal and state agencies from Kansas to Alaska including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Missouri Commission on Human Rights, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the City of St. Louis Civil Rights Enforcement Agency
- Also has extensive experience handling numerous labor arbitrations for employers facing contract interpretation issues as well as disputes related to the discipline and discharge of employees.
- A regular contributor and editor for the American Bar Association's Fair Labor Standards Act Supplements
- Best Lawyers in America, litigation, labor and employment, 2021; has achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D. degree, St. Louis University School of Law; B.S. degree, University of Missouri
- Can be contacted at 314-257-0302 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.