Learn best practices in the development of a pre-construction cost estimate and budgeting of projected costs.
Pre-construction cost estimating and budgeting is arguably one of the most important issues for successfully managing construction projects. The subject deals with cost issues at the planning stage, which is detrimental to the project's success, as financial mismanagement is considered the top reason for the failure of construction companies. This course takes a quick look at cost and budgeting issues during the pre-construction phase for both the owner and the general contractor. As we all know, cost estimating is a predictive process, and there are steps to be taken to make it as accurate as possible. Aligning actual expenses with the project budget is a key to success, and this has two elements: Starting with a good estimate and accurate budget and controlling the cost while in the execution phase.
Saleh A. Mubarak, Ph. D.
- Construction project management professor, consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer.
- Over 30 years of diversified, industrial, and academic, all in the general field of construction project management
- Extensive experience in continuing education and professional training around the world, mainly in technical subjects but also in soft skills
- Author of two books, Construction Project Scheduling and Control, 4th edition, and How to Estimate with Means Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction, 5th edition, both published by Wiley; also wrote many articles, technical and other
- Presented at many professional conferences such as PMI and AACE International; public speaker in many local, regional, and international events
- An authority on project planning, scheduling, and project control
- B.S., M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in civil engineering specialized in construction project management
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.