Understand the importance of having a credit card policy and the actions your company could take if employees violate the policy.
Many companies have implemented using credit card programs for their employees as they can see benefits such as: tighter controls in monitoring expenses, less paperwork and processing of expense checks, savings on travel, hotels, and supplies. However, if the proper credit card policy is not in place it could cause issues such as: overspending which will impact a company's cash flow, the more credit cards that are issued the greater chance of them getting lost or stolen, employees could abuse their spending levels or depending on which type of credit card program they enroll in, it could cost additional expense for the company. In this topic, you will learn about the evolvement of credit cards, why companies choose to use them, why they could be more beneficial to smaller companies than large corporations. You will understand why having a credit card policy in place is essential to prevent any credit card abuse as well as why this policy must be integrated with the companies travel and entertainment policy to send a clear message to all employees as to how they must handle their company credit cards. We will also discuss the actions your company could take if employees violate the credit card policy. Plus, we will also discuss other controls that companies I have worked at have implemented to eliminate the challenges they faced with employee's misuse of their expense reports and credit cards.
Ronald A. Sereika
Ronald A. Sereika, CCE, CEW
- Director of credit and payment solutions for Mspark
- 34 years of managing credit departments
- Speaker at NACM Credit Congress and NACM Eastern Credit conference, and taught NACM CAP classes
- Author of articles in Credit Magazine, The importance of building relationships
- Member of NACM and past member of several trade groups and NAA
- 2010 NACM Instructor of the Year, 2013 NACM CCE of the Year
- B.S. degree in accounting, Fredonia State University; certification in credit and finance, Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 585-705-0304
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.