Gain a better understanding of how managers can address and resolve workplace conflict using assertiveness and communication skills.
Every workplace has conflict. It cannot be avoided. Conflict ranges from huge decisions such as where to build a new manufacturing plant or what software to buy to simple decisions like where we should go for lunch and what hotel we want to book for the holiday party. Managers are expected to resolve the conflicts and most managers are ill-equipped to do so. When managers fail to resolve conflicts, bad attitudes fester and a toxic environment is created. Morale slips in the organization and the best workers end up leaving for greener pastures on the other side of the fence.
Don't let your organization wallow in conflict. Become a superior manager who knows how to de-escalate and resolve conflict in a way that allows individuals and teams to come together on common goals and learn to collaborate, not retreat to separate corners, refusing to budge on their opinions. As you go through this material, you'll gain communication, confrontation, and assertiveness skills that will give you confidence in your abilities to resolve conflict when it raises its ugly head. The only thing the speaker can't do for you with this material is practice with you, for assertiveness and conflict resolution words and thought processes take practice. So, plan to find a buddy and work on the skills during lunch. You'll be amazed at the results.
Karla Brandau, CEO
Workplace Power Institute
- CEO of Workplace Power Institute
- Areas of expertise include productivity and time management, email survival skills, DISC and driving forces assessments, emotional intelligence, team building, and leadership
- Conducts regular speeches, seminars, and workshops in all areas of expertise
- Author of several publications: Wake Up the Winner Inside, Email Survival Skills, 101 Time Management Tips for Busy Professionals, Visual Guides to Outlook® 2010, 2013, and 2016, The Leadership of One, and How to Earn the Gift of Discretionary Effort
- Certified speaking professional, registered corporate coach, certified facilitator, certified professional behaviors analyst, and certified professional motivators analyst
- B.A. degree in education
- Can be contacted at [email protected], 770-923-0883, on Twitter @KarlaBrandau, LinkedIn/In/KarlaBrandau, and www.KarlaBrandau.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.