Gain a better understanding of bankruptcy law and the impact of federal and state taxable income as well as tax attributes as a result of bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy can be a complicated endeavor for those who do not practice in the arena frequently. Previously unencountered scrutiny of financial projections, cash flow, and accounting can put pressure on a company and its financial team. In addition, laws and rules need to be followed to the letter of the law to ensure that an entity is taking advantage of all bankruptcies advantages while avoiding pitfalls. This course will help you understand the expectations for a bankrupt entity with financial projecting and reporting, what tools will assist the entity throughout the process, and from a legal and accounting standpoint, what to expect and how to create advantages.
Kirk B. Burkley, Esq.
- Managing Partner of Bernstein-Burkley, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of bankruptcy and restructuring, creditors’ rights, business and corporate transactions, litigation, real estate, and oil and gas
- Conducts regular seminars/live webinars and workshops on bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and oil and gas
- Author of several publications related to the bankruptcy field, with work appearing in ABI Journal, Equipment Leasing Newsletter, Pennsylvania Association of Credit Managers Newsletter The Creditor, and more
- Emeritus board member of the American Board of Certification, past president of the American Board of Certification (2020), past president of Turnaround Management Association, member of Allegheny County Bar Association and the American Bankruptcy Institute
- J.D. degree, University of Pittsburgh School of Law; B.S. degree, Ohio University
- Can be contacted at 412-456-8108 or [email protected]
Michael T. Von Lehman
Meridian Management Partners, LLC
- President of Meridian Management Partners, LLC
- Management consultant specializing in restructurings, turnarounds, capital solutions, insolvency, and strategic planning
- Has acted as or consulted with dozens of companies, creditors committees, lenders, examiners, and trustees in the bankruptcy arena
- Outside of bankruptcy, has acted as CRO, led dozens of receiverships (state and federal), and consulted with hundreds of private companies
- Recurring instructor for Turnaround Management Association’s (TMA) Restructuring Bootcamp
- Current chair and former president and VP of Standards for the TMA’s Certification Oversight Committee for Certified Turnaround Professionals
- Former VP of Certification for TMA’s Board of Directors
- Support author for TMA’s Books of Knowledge
- Member of Turnaround Management Association and Association of Corporate Growth
- M.B.A. degree, Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University; B.S. degree in economics, University of Colorado
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.