Avoid potential pitfalls when raising capital by learning how to utilize SEC Rule 506(c) and understanding the key elements of the crowdfunding regulation.
The Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (the JOBS Act) became law on April 5, 2012, and was designed, in part, to enhance the raising of capital, especially by small or emerging businesses. As a result of the JOBS Act, the SEC promulgated new rules to facilitate capital formation. While these new rules enhance opportunities to raise capital, they create certain obstacles and pitfalls, and they do not eliminate the traditional methods in which companies have sought capital. This material will explore capital raising techniques authorized by the JOBS Act and also examine the interplay between these techniques and the traditional methods of capital formation which continue, for many small and mid-size companies, to be the preferred way of seeking capital. The effects of the JOBS Act on public company requirements and the issues raised by the current COVID-19 pandemic will also be discussed.
Michael D. Waters
Jones Walker LLP
- Partner in the Birmingham, Alabama office of Jones Walker LLP
- Practiced in the corporate and securities area, primarily for financial institutions, for more than 35 years, representing banks, bank holding companies, and other financial entities in acquisitions, capital raising transactions, SEC and shareholder issues, new bank formations, and board fiduciary duty issues
- Advised buyers and sellers in approximately 120 bank mergers and acquisitions, ranging from small community banks to the acquisition of a $34 billion holding company
- Recognized in Chambers USA, banking, and finance annually since 2013
- Recognized by Alabama Super Lawyers annually since 2008 for work in the banking and securities and corporate finance area
- Named by Best Lawyers in America annually since 1995 for work in the area of banking and finance law, corporate law, and financial services regulation law
- J.D. degree, University of Alabama School of Law; M.A. degree, Rhodes Scholar, Oxford University; B.A. degree, Duke University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.