Learn how to determine if a lawyer-client relationship exists and if that relationship triggers legal and ethical obligations.
"Who is your client?" The answer is seldom simple and is even more complex when representing an organizational client. An organization is a legal entity that acts solely through its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and other constituents. The answer is crucial, however, to determine whether a lawyer-client relationship exists. And the creation of that relationship triggers legal and ethical obligations that the lawyer owes to the client on such critical matters as confidentiality and conflicts of interest. This course will provide answers to this difficult question and will help you avoid the pitfalls associated with giving business and legal advice to an organizational client.
The Patterson Law Firm, LLC
- Member of The Patterson Law Firm, LLC
- Clients contact him when they need a litigator; he assists businesses and individuals in cases pending in court, arbitration, and administrative agencies, and has tried cases before juries and arbitrators, with a focus on business lawsuits, contract litigation, shareholder disputes (business divorces), cryptocurrency disputes, and professional negligence cases
- Licensed to practice in Washington State and Illinois; in addition, he is licensed to practice before the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- Graduate, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law; B.A. degree in political science, cum laude, University of Washington
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.