Gain an understanding of trademark and copyright law you need to know and how to prevent infringements.
The rise of the Internet and digital commerce has made copyright and trademark issues more critical than ever. Businesses, marketing professionals, advertising agencies, and attorneys will learn how to protect intellectual property rights. You also will discover how to avoid costly and disruptive lawsuits relating to copyrights and trademarks. You will understand how to recognize potential copyright and trademark assets, enforce registration of these assets, and engage in e-commerce without infringing others' intellectual property rights.
Mary Ellen Roy
- Partner in the New Orleans office of Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Represents book, newspaper, and magazine publishers, television stations and networks, record labels, movie studios, and TV and film production companies throughout the Gulf South in copyright, trademark, misappropriation of likeness, and First Amendment litigation
- Listed in Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, and IP Stars
- On behalf of a national hip hop duo, won dismissal of a copyright infringement lawsuit brought by a local musician and obtained an award of attorneys’ fees
- On behalf of the motion picture studio, won the appellate decision and substantial attorneys’ fees award, holding no inheritable right of publicity in the state
- On behalf of a national film production company, won dismissal of misappropriation of likeness claims brought by heirs of the subject of motion picture docudrama
- On behalf of television producers, defeated motion for preliminary injunction to enjoin broadcast of reality series for alleged trademark infringement
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Harvard Law School
- Can be contacted at 504-584-9254 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.