Don't let wage and hour class and collective actions become a costly issue for your company.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective actions represented one of the largest categories of class action filings. Wage and hour actions permeate virtually all industries resulting in huge jury verdicts and settlements. This topic will teach you how to avoid these disasters through effective preventive action, including attorney-client privileged audits of employee classification and off-the-clock work issues; how to identify and correct these problems before litigation; how to identify and address exempt to nonexempt conversions and back pay issues; and how to do the tough liability and damages analysis that can lead to cost-effective settlements with government or private plaintiffs when litigation is threatened. This topic is critical for employers looking to make sure their workplace is in order before getting into costly litigation.
- Partner in the St. Charles office of SmithAmundsen LLC
- Employment attorney handling immigration workplace enforcement, wage and hour issues, and discrimination issues
- Routinely conducts seminars and workshops relating to wage and hour compliance, Form I-9 audits/compliance, E-Verify compliance, workplace enforcement, defense of governmental immigration related audits, and defense of discrimination claims relating to immigration status
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of "Rising Stars": 2010 to 2016
- Member: American Immigration Lawyers Association; Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Can be contacted at 312-894-3200 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.