Avoid errors and costly penalties on incorrect tax forms by collecting pertinent information and amending them correctly.
No one wants to have to amend tax forms, but no matter how many precautions you take to avoid it, there will always be a time that you will need to do an amendment. The material in this course will teach you how to collect the information needed to complete W-2 corrections and file the amended 941 forms and any additional state and local tax filings. The content will discuss specific types of errors found on form W-2 and provide guidance of how to make the necessary corrections. The topic will provide information on amending current year and prior year corrections. Failure to properly amend corrected forms and payroll tax filings may result in additional tax, penalties, and interest. This topic will help payroll departments avoid penalties and time consuming responses to follow up questions from the IRS and other taxing jurisdictions.
Debbie Cash, CPP
- Manager of TLM Implementation at G&A Partners
- Began working for the organization in 2006 as a Payroll Tax Specialist and Time and Attendance Specialist
- Promoted to Time/Labor Manager in 2021
- 30+ years of experience processing payroll and payroll taxes for various different companies and professions
- Worked as a Payroll Specialist at Missouri Southern State University from 1993 to March 2006
- Attended the International Tax Conference in Wisconsin and specialized in international tax for student visas
- Worked for Joplin R-8 School District processing payroll from 1990 to 1993
- Associate degree in accounting from MSSU in 1985 and a Bachelor's Degree in General Business from MSSU in 2006
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 417-782-3909, ext. 148
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.