Learn the different types of alternative fee arrangements that follow the Rules of Professional Conduct.
In today's legal market, clients are seeking methods to compensate their attorneys other than the traditional fee based on an hourly rate. The Rules of Professional Conduct limit some of the flexibility in agreeing to the fee arrangements requested, but there are also practical concerns with some of the potential fee agreements, such as disputes regarding the scope of the engagement and the work covered by the fee. This topic will present various fee arrangements that are used and discuss limitations on those arrangements imposed by the Rules of Professional Conduct. The various risks and benefits associated with each type of arrangement will be covered, as well as required documentation. This information will assist the attorney in proposing or agreeing to alternative fee agreements that the clients are seeking.
John A. Snow
Parsons Behle & Latimer
- Attorney with Parsons Behle & Latimer, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Practice consists of general civil litigation, including commercial, professional malpractice, construction, and insurance coverage and defense
- Designated in The Best Lawyers in America as Lawyer of the Year in litigation, real estate, and construction law; and designated in the areas of practice of legal malpractice defense, commercial litigation, and construction
- Designated in Utah Business magazine’s Utah Legal Elite in the areas of business and civil litigation and construction law, and as a Super Lawyer in the Mountain States in Super Lawyer Magazine
- Chair of the Ethics Advisory Opinion Committee of the Utah State Bar
- Can be contacted at 801-536-6772 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.