Understand the significant changes made in the recent editions of the commonly used B-Series documents.
Architects are likely aware of the existence of basic B-101 standard agreement between owners and architects. However, many architects may not be aware of the various other B-Series form agreements and how they might be better suited for particular types of jobs and project scopes, including forms suitable for smaller projects. Further, many architects may not be aware of contractual terms which may impact their legal rights and liability, including provisions contained in agreements between contractors and owners. Learn about the various B-Series form agreements for architects and the different contexts for which they may apply. You will also learn about significant changes made in recent editions to these documents so that you can better consider whether and how to utilize these materials for your project. Additionally, you will learn about contractual indemnity and other liability issues that are impacted by clauses in agreements with owners.
Mohammad A. Ghiasuddin, Esq.
- Partner at Margolis Edelstein in Philadelphia, PA
- Concentrating his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, construction litigation, and professional liability
- A seasoned attorney with some 18 years of experience representing businesses, with a strong focus in matters relating to construction projects
- Practice includes the representation of property developers, builders, contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers, as well as engineers, architects, and other design professionals
- Has extensive experience in commercial disputes including claims for breach of contract, breach of noncompetition agreements, business torts, claims for defective workmanship, payment claims, mechanics’ lien claims, claims for delays, surety bond claims, indemnity issues, and insurance coverage matters
- Handles claims involving alleged defective construction, design defects, and related professional liability issues
- A skilled commercial litigator and an advisor to his clients, assisting them in reviewing and negotiating contracts and providing risk management advice
- Has again been selected by his peers as a Super Lawyer, in earlier years as an attorney, he was selected as a Super Lawyer-Rising Star for multiple years
- A former director of the Montgomery County Bar Association and former chairperson of the Montgomery County Bar Association Diversity Committee
- Currently serves as a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Diversity Task Force
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Philadelphia Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the Montgomery County Bar Association
- Is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- LL.M. degree, Trial Advocacy, Temple University - James E. Beasley School of Law; J.D. degree, Law, The George Washington University Law School; B.A. degree, International Politics, Penn State University
- Can be contacted at 215-931-5802, [email protected], or https://www.linkedin.com/in/mohammad-ghiasuddin-6703495/
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.