Gain an understanding of critical fund structuring considerations in light of recent tax laws in order to better advise your clients.
Recent changes in the tax law require careful review of private investment fund and general partner structures, as well as consideration of potential amendments to the existing fund documentation to achieve tax efficiency. Many tax practitioners may not be aware of essential planning techniques to avoid tax pitfalls. This topic will review such factors as the type of investor, type of fund, location of fund, and general partner tax planning considerations. Fund professionals and advisers will benefit from this topic's general overview of the typical structures and a deeper dive into current tax issues, such as the impact of the CARES Act, proposed carried interest regulations, and potential changes to the tax rates. This information is critical for professionals trying to stay ahead of the changes and better serve their clients.
Olga A. Loy
Winston & Strawn LLP
- Co-chair of Tax Practice at Winston & Strawn LLP
- Represents funds and fund sponsors in tax structuring, negotiating, and forming private equity and venture capital funds
- Plans and structures other complex business transactions, including corporate mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, and venture capital investments
- Counsels investment advisers, hedge funds, small business investment companies, registered investment companies, and broker-dealers across a wide range of investment management, securities, and general corporate matters
- Adjunct professor at the University of Illinois College of Law, where she teaches a course on private investment funds and introduces students to business, securities, and tax issues relating to private investment funds with an emphasis on private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds
- Prolific writer, speaker, and moderator on topics related to tax and fund programs and is regularly quoted in the press
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, University of Illinois
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-558-6338
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.