Learn everything you need to know about qualified mortgage rules under the Dodd-Frank Act and the rules' effect on financial institutions.
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd-Frank Act), signed into law in 2010 and amended in 2013, contains a series of financial regulatory reforms intended to combat what was perceived by lawmakers as a lack of oversight leading to the recession and housing crisis of the late 2000's. One of the provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act requires creditors to make a reasonable, good faith determination of a consumer's ability to repay any consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling (excluding an open-end credit plan, timeshare plan, reverse mortgage, or temporary loan) and establishes certain protections from liability under this requirement for qualified mortgages. This topic will examine the rule and explain what lenders need to know to remain compliant and protect their business.
Gennifer L. Bridges, Esq.
Burr & Forman LLP
- Partner in the Orlando office of Burr & Forman LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of business and commercial litigation, and in particular financial services litigation, including highly contested foreclosures and defense against claims under consumer protection statutes such as the TCPA, FDCPA, FCCPA, TILA, and RESPA
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous topics pertaining to financial services litigation and best practices for avoiding liability under consumer protection statutes
- Author of several publications related to recent developments in case law affecting the application of consumer protection statutes and the ability of secured creditors to enforce security interests
- Member of the American Bar Association and Orange County Bar Association; admitted in Florida, Middle District of Florida and Southern District of Florida, Eleventh Circuit, and United States Supreme Court
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Florida State University; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, Stetson University
- Can be contacted at 407-540-6687 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.