Both new and experienced buyers need to adapt the high degree of competition among suppliers, the ever-expanding range of vendors and suppliers in the marketplace and the increasing pressure to make the best decisions quickly to help their organizations save money. The right training can be useful for both new and seasoned professionals in this field.
If you’re looking for purchasing training, Lorman Education Services has a resource library of more than 12,900 training options to choose from. Our selection of live training, ebooks, on-demand webinars, case studies, videos, manuals, white papers, MP3s, articles and other learning materials lets you customize the training experience you want to have. We’re also always releasing new professionally-designed materials, so you can keep up-to-date with changes in supply chain management and your area of expertise.
Purchase Training Online Lets You Master Many Areas of Expertise
Purchase training can help make you a stronger buyer at any stage of your career by helping you learn to:
- Use price and cost analysis
- Understand tax considerations
- Seek out savings opportunities
- Understand legal and ethical considerations
- Make stronger purchasing and procurement decisions
- Communicate effectively with vendors and suppliers
- Keep suppliers on budget and on time, with quality products and services
- Understand purchasing instruments
- Negotiate successfully
- Successfully receive products and handle payment
- Use controls and audit trails
- Avoid common mistakes
- Create secure purchasing systems to avoid legal liability
- Effectively use requisitions and purchase orders
- Appreciate the roles of B2B, B2C and B2E enterprises and services in purchasing
- Understand warranties
- Use eProcurement
- Understand contracting options
- Use resources to minimize inventory investment while improving material flow
- Successfully work with international and cross-border suppliers
- Use information databases and other current technology needed in the procurement process
- Understand three flow processes
- Understand current anti-trust laws and how they can impact purchasing
- Use total cost of ownership to realize savings
- Understand master agreements
- Make stronger decisions in procurement
- Understand contracts
Buyers today have many roles to play and face an increasingly complex supply chain management landscape. With strong training, buyers have the skills they need to effectively save their companies money while ensuring procurement proceeds efficiently.
Purchase Training and Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services offers on-the-go learning from any mobile device, tablet or computer with an Internet connection. This flexibility allows you to study at your own pace and on your own time. Don’t have time to travel to a formal classroom setting? No problem. With Lorman Education Services, some of the best experts in the industry come to you via online training, because our materials are developed by the best in their field. Our goal is to create training that has a significant and positive impact on your career, which is why we develop actionable and customizable training, designed around the realities of how busy professionals study.
To start training today, sign up for an All-Access Pass to get a full year membership with unlimited access to our entire training library. You can also purchase individual training materials to start training now. We even offer custom and on-site training. You can always reach out to us to learn more about these options.