Prevailing wage laws are regulations about the wages specific workers on public works projects must earn in overtime, hourly wages and benefits. These rules vary by specific counties and states. Compliance with these regulations affects the success of a project, but unfortunately, labor laws regarding prevailing wages are notoriously complex. They also change regularly, making compliance even more challenging.
Lorman Education Services offers prevailing wage training to allow you to learn about the statues and guidelines you need to ensure compliance with these regulations. You'll learn how to understand fringe benefit requirements, apprenticeship standards and how to determine where wage laws apply. You will learn how to calculate and determine current prevailing wages, even in situations where there are on-site and off-site workers or where workers cross regional and state lines. If you ever find yourself involved in enforcement proceedings, prevailing wage training can also help you understand how to properly address enforcement by employees, third parties, attorneys or government agencies.
What Does a Prevailing Wage Webinar Involve?
Training may allow you to answer questions such as:
- What are prevailing wage laws in my area?
- Which workers must be paid prevailing wages?
- How can I ensure I stay compliant with prevailing wage laws?
- How have these laws changed recently?
- What are my responsibilities in terms of these laws as a contractor, subcontractor, HR professional, awarding body or other professional?
- What are the penalties for noncompliance?
- How can I handle an investigation or enforcement action?
- What are my responsibilities if I have an apprenticeship or trainee on my project?
- How can I reduce my liability?
- How can I use labor agreement documents or PLAs?
- How can I use monitoring to ensure compliance?
- What paperwork and documentation are required?
- If my project uses federal funds, how do the prevailing wage requirements change?
Prevailing Wage Webinars & Resources
Flexible, Practical Training From Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services helps you cut through the confusion with clear and actionable training that gives you practical solutions. Our training helps you understand the specific things you can do to ensure compliance and to improve your chances for successful project completion.
Lorman Education Services is developed by some of the best minds in the industry, ensuring you get the quality training you need for your public works project. We even allow you to study at your own time and on your own schedule by making our training flexible. Instead of having to travel, you can learn on any computer or mobile device with an internet connection, and your training is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week so you can study as little or as much as you need to.
You can get Lorman Education Services training by ordering individual modules or by getting a full year membership known as an All Access Pass, which allows a full year of access to our entire resource library at one flat fee. You can study not only prevailing wage laws but also other important subjects related to your project and career. If you need personalized or on-site training solutions, you can always contact Lorman Education Services to learn about our custom options.