In public works projects, including repair work, construction, demolition and other projects, prevailing wage laws can affect what contractors, subcontractors and others must earn in terms of hourly wages, overtime and benefits. Prevailing wage regulations change from region to region and state to state, and they change regularly as they are updated. Compliance regulations for these statutes can be quite complex, leading to some confusion about which wages need to be paid and how benefits need to pay.
Lorman Education Services offers highly flexible online prevailing wage compliance training to help you understand the laws and the best practices you need to implement at your organization. Our training allows you to study on your own time from any location where you have internet access through a laptop, computer or mobile device. We ensure your training is highly flexible so you don’t have to travel to study and you get to choose the subjects you want to learn about. No more sitting through long lectures about subjects you already know. With us, you can hone in on the training you need for your current public works project.
What Does Prevailing Wage Compliance Training Cover?
There many things you may learn in training, including:
- Who needs to be paid prevailing wages on a public works project
- Best practices
- Issues that arise from cross-county or cross-border projects
- Ethics issues
- Common mistakes made with prevailing wages and how to avoid them
- Issues that can arise on-site and off-site
- Compliance issues around provisions for prevailing wages and contracts
- Paperwork and record-keeping
- Penalties and enforcement
- Administrative processes associated with prevailing wage laws
- How to determine coverage
- Assessments for civil wages and penalties
- Handling requests for certified payroll records
- Administrative enforcement
- Underpaid workers
- Bidders and public work projects
- How prevailing wages are applied to specific industries
- Opt-out provisions
- Charter cities
- The Davis-Bacon Act
- Prevailing wages where apprentices and trainees are involved
- Project Labor Agreements (PLAs)
Training Solutions From Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services works with you to help you get the most effective training possible. We only work with the best and brightest minds in the industry when creating our training materials. Those who develop our educational resources are among the best in their fields, ensuring you are learning from experienced and knowledgeable professionals with hands-on expertise in this field.
Lorman Education Services also understands how challenging schedules for public works project administrators and other professionals can be. Our training is specifically designed to fit around your lifestyle and your work schedule, ensuring you can train at any time and in any place. You can study for longer periods of blocked-off time or in between meetings and projects. With us, it’s up to you.
To sign up for training, purchase individual training modules or sign up for an All Access Pass for a full year of training at one flat fee. If you need to train your entire organization or team, Lorman Education Services also offers on-site and personalized solutions. Sign up for training to start learning today or contact Lorman Education Services for alternative training solutions.