Since its introduction in 1996, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) has had far-reaching implications for medical professionals as well as lawyers, IT technicians, HR professionals and others who work with the healthcare industry.
Key features of HIPAA include a set of strict privacy and confidentiality standards for handling patient records and other sensitive information. HIPAA also requires that all relevant staff receive ongoing training on the scope and contents of the Act, and its implications for how they do their jobs.
Because this requirement is quite broad, there is no common certification for HIPAA training programs. That’s why it’s important to work with a continuing education provider that takes care to offer programing based on the latest legal, cultural and technological changes affecting the way healthcare is delivered.
HIPAA Training at Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services has been a leading national provider of distance learning training since 1987. Over the years, we’ve developed a strong reputation for the caliber of our continuing education programs. Our courses are taught by leading legal experts in the field of healthcare privacy law, and are updated to reflect the most recent developments at both the state and national levels.
When it comes to HIPAA, your choice of a continuing education provider matters. Lorman Education Services gives you a world-class education without having to travel, helping ensure that you meet any future HIPAA certification training requirements.
Live Training and Self-Study Options
Lorman Education Services offers multiple convenient ways for healthcare workers and related professionals to keep their HIPAA training up-to-date:
- We host dozens of live training programs every month. Our live training is the best way to interact directly with others in your field. All you need is a computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device with a working internet connection to join in.
- In addition to live training, we host an extensive archive of self-study training courses. These include previously recorded programs and slide shows, as well as technical manuals, white papers and more. If you prefer to study at your own pace, or can’t take time away from your day to attend a training program, our OnDemand archive has HIPAA training options for you.
Do you have a specific annual HIPAA training certification requirement you need met? Our programming can be put towards continuing education credits with a wide range of legal and HR certifications. Contact our customer response team for more information.
Incisive Training for Today’s Healthcare and Security Professionals
Recent live training programs hosted by Lorman Education Services have included:
- The Phase 2 HIPAA Audits Are Here: Be Prepared With the Knowledge and Tools to Respond
- HIPAA Criminal Liabilities: How Medical Staff Can Land in Jail When They Seek to Profit From Patient Information
- Business Associate Obligations and Agreements: Aftermath of the HIPAA Omnibus Rule
Whatever your specific area of interest might be, you’ll find an extensive catalogue of useful programming at Lorman Education Services. Use the links on this page to browse our OnDemand archive or learn more about our upcoming training programs.