The passage of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) changed the way doctors, nurses and administrators think about patient privacy. The importance of staying compliant is clear — HIPAA violations can be costly and can affect the reputation of your facility.
However, because the law is constantly being updated, and because new technologies and cultural changes affect its interpretation, compliance is an ongoing process.
HIPAA Compliance Training
There is a clear need for HIPAA compliance training programs that help you manage risk more effectively. At Lorman Education Services, our extensive catalogue of courses is constantly being updated to reflect the latest guidelines for healthcare providers across the country. We host dozens of live webinars every month, all of which can be accessed from any computer or mobile device.
If you prefer to learn at your own pace, or can’t take time away from your busy schedule to attend a webinar, visit our OnDemand archive to download or stream HIPAA compliance training programs at your convenience. We have an extensive catalogue of self-study options, which include previously recorded training programs, slideshows, white papers and more.
Hipaa Compliance Training Courses
Hipaa Compliance Training Resources
Our Training Programs
Both our live and archived training programs are developed and led by healthcare privacy experts. We are highly selective in choosing faculty, with many of our instructors coming to us from top legal and other firms. As a result, all HIPAA compliance training hosted on our website is up-to-date and accurately reflects the working realities today’s professionals face.
Recent training programs have included:
- HIPAA Criminal Liabilities: How Medical Staff Can Land in Jail When They Seek to Profit From Patient Information
- Business Associate Obligations and Agreements: Aftermath of the HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- HIPAA Ruling Regarding Correspondence Through Text Messages and Emails: Is Your Organization Compliant?
Whether you are an administrator, a manager, a nurse or anyone else working in healthcare, you’ll find useful content that will help you do your job better. Browse our catalogue of upcoming and archived courses by following the links on this page.
Why Make Lorman Education Services Your HIPAA Compliance Training Provider?
Staying compliant with HIPAA guidelines is an important priority for all healthcare providers. Here’s why you should trust Lorman Education Services with all your training needs:
- We are a longstanding innovator in distance learning, and have been providing convenient training options for a wide range of professionals since 1987.
- We have one of the largest catalogues of HIPAA compliance training programs online, and are constantly adding new programming as laws and technology change.
- Our flexible training options allow you to meet your compliance requirements on your own schedule, without having to travel or take extended time away from your other responsibilities.
- With our affordable All-Access Pass, you can get a full year of unlimited training for just $699.
For more information about learning with Lorman Education Services, contact our customer response team today. Better yet, sign up for an upcoming course and see for yourself why we’re a national leader when it comes to online HIPAA compliance training.