Governments at all levels rely on meaningful collaborations with contractors to deliver essential services and meet citizens' needs. Government contracting should be a transparent, mutually beneficial process — the best way to ensure this is by keeping staff training current. Well-trained staff will be better equipped to spot potential problems with a contract, minimize risk and maximize opportunities for all parties.
Lorman Education Services’ government contracting training is designed to help those who work for and with federal, state and local agencies. Our programming covers the legal, financial and ethical issues inherent to government contracting. Browse our catalog on this page or get in touch with our customer response team directly for more information.
Who Can Benefit From Government Contracting Training?
Our training programs offer value for a range of participants, including:
- Contractors looking for help submitting a bid or managing a project for government clients
- Government employees who want to conduct the bidding process in a more transparent, risk-averse manner
- Lawyers and accountants who work with contractors and government agencies
Online government contracting training at Lorman Education Services covers a range of topics including project management, procurement regulations, ethics, records retention and more. Some courses currently available in our OnDemand archive include:
- How to Sell Services and Products to the U.S. Government and Military
- Cost Accounting for the Federal Government Contractor
- Complying With New Government Contract Security Requirements
- Guidelines and Considerations When Terminating Government Contracts
Government Contracting Training Resources
Most courses deal broadly with government contracting while others are focused specifically on the federal, state or municipal level. Recognized subject matter experts develop all programming. Our faculty includes lawyers, managers and consultants who have previously overseen major government projects.
Live and OnDemand Training Options
Since our founding in 1987, we’ve helped more than 1.4 million professionals get the training they need to do their jobs better. Finding innovative ways to learn has been a priority since day one. Today, we offer two main types of online government contracting training:
- Live webinars: Join one of our live webinars from anywhere in the country using your computer or mobile device. Live webinars are the next best thing to conventional classroom training, allowing you to interact directly with our faculty without leaving the office. We host dozens of live events every month — make sure you never miss a program by signing up for our mailing list.
- OnDemand training: If you prefer to learn at your own pace, our OnDemand archive contains more than 12,000 self-study programs that can be downloaded or streamed at any time. Options include previously recorded webinars as well as special content such as audiobooks and technical manuals. Search for a course that’s relevant to your interests using the tools on this page.
Training online with Lorman Education Services is both convenient and affordable. Individual classes start at $99, though we regularly host free sponsored webinars anyone can participate in. Other options include our $699 12-month All-Access Pass and enterprise licensing for small groups with specific training needs. To learn more about your options, contact a representative by phone, email or online chat.