The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a 1993 law that allows qualified employees up to 12 weeks of job-protected, unpaid leave each year for specific reasons. Employees who qualify for this type of leave can use the FMLA leave to care for a seriously ill family member, to adopt or have a baby or to care for a serious injury or medical issue they themselves have. Even when employees do not request FMLA leave specifically by name, it is up to managers and HR professionals to determine which requests for leave qualify under this law and to take appropriate action.
FMLA leave training is essential for any manager. In today's complex job market and with today's aging population, more employees may be requesting FMLA leave to care for an aging family member or relative. Understanding when FMLA rules apply and being able to stay fully compliant with regulations can help your company avoid serious fines and penalties.
Lorman Education Services offers online FMLA training for managers in a variety of formats to help you get the robust training you need. With our training, you can study at any time of the day or night. Whether you need to quickly look up a rule in order to determine how to help an employee or whether you want a robust overall look at FMLA leave regulations, Lorman Education Services has the training you need. Purchase individual training modules or sign up for a full year of membership to get unlimited access to our resource library.
What Is FMLA Training for Managers?
FMLA leave training allows managers, HR professionals and others to learn how to administer FMLA leave correctly, whether qualified employees request this leave by name or not. FMLA training helps you:
- Determine who is eligible and not eligible for FMLA leave
- Determine which requests for leave qualify for FMLA
- Learn how to process FMLA leave requests
- Learn how to stay fully compliant with current laws and guidelines
- Create a program to ensure fully compliant job protection during quested FMLA leave
- Be able to distinguish between the legal and illegal manager action for employees on leave
- Learn how to administer health benefits and other benefits for employees on leave
- Understand which medical reasons and situations qualify for FMLA leave
- Know how to reintegrate an employee who has been on leave
Why Lorman Education Services?
More than 1.4 million professionals and managers have already chosen Lorman Education Services when they need robust, comprehensive and actionable professional training. Our training is often chosen over other options because we offer flexible learning opportunities developed by some of the best minds in each field.
We are constantly adding to our resource list, and we allow you to learn at your own pace and on your own time from any device with an internet connection. Sign up for a year-long membership to get access to all of our resources or try an individual resource to see whether Lorman Education Services can help you meet your career training needs.