Keeping costs in check over the course of a long construction project requires highly skilled estimating and an extensive knowledge of the build process. Being good with numbers or being an experienced contractor is simply not enough to deliver accurate cost projections. Rather, the role of a construction project accountant requires a highly developed skill set.
Lorman Education Services offers construction project accounting training that is accessible and up to date. Our programming aims to develop well-rounded professionals capable of guiding a major project to success, from the initial bid to the final accounting. Explore our courses using the links on this page, or contact our customer response team directly to learn more.
Construction project accounting training with Lorman Education Services can be beneficial to professionals at any stage of their careers. With our programming, you can:
- Develop more thorough bids and proposals that will increase your chances of winning a lucrative job
- Manage financial risks by having a more nuanced understanding of a project’s budget beforehand
- Ensure adequate cash is available to purchase materials, pay workers and run your business
- Prevent cost overruns as a project progresses
- Improve transparency when communicating with clients
- Better understand the tax implications of a job and take full advantage of all available incentives
- Monitor your business’ financial performance over time and plan strategically for growth
Construction Project Accounting Training Courses
And more. Visit individual course pages for detailed outlines and other relevant information.
Training Options for Busy Professionals
Effective training in construction project accounting should reflect the laws, policies and technological tools that affect your industry. It should also be accessible and convenient, with options for working around your busy schedule. Lorman Education Services’ online construction project accounting training programs:
- Are available as live webinars or through our OnDemand archive of self-study programming. We host dozens of live events every month and have a catalogue of more than 12,000 courses that can be downloaded or streamed at your convenience.
- Are developed and taught by subject matter experts. Our faculty includes CPAs from some of the top national firms, as well as other construction industry professionals who bring experience and insight to the critical issues in your industry.
- Are affordable. Individual courses start at $99 each. Our programming has no prerequisites and no textbooks or other ancillary costs. An All-Access Pass is available for $699/year and provides unlimited opportunities to learn through live and archived training. Enterprise licensing is also available.
Popular courses that are available for download or streaming today include “Construction Contract Accounting: A Three-Dimensional Look at the Numbers” and “Cost Accounting for the Federal Government Contractor.” New programming is being developed and added all the time — for the latest updates, be sure to sign up for our mailing list.
Whether you want to take one class to brush up your skills or you have ongoing continuing education requirements, Lorman Education Services has programming for you. We’ve been a leader in professional distance learning since 1987 — experience for yourself the benefits our convenient online construction project accounting training can have for your business and your career.