Professionals who work in collections or a related field already know the importance of ongoing training. From changing laws to the implications that technological advances have for privacy and disclosure, running an ethical, transparent and above-board operation requires making continuing education a priority.
Lorman Education Services, a national leader in distance learning, hosts online collections training in a variety of relevant topics. Offering both live and self-study programs, we are the best way to keep your professional education current and to manage risk more effectively on a day-to-day basis.
State-Specific Collections Training
Collections laws vary from state-to-state. Part of due diligence — particularly if your work crosses borders — should involve understanding the legal landscape you are operating in at all times. Some of the state-specific collections training programs we offer include:
- Florida Collection Law: Discovery of a Collection to Judgment
- Pennsylvania Collection Law Update
- Maryland Collection Law Practice and Procedure
Search for collections training relevant to your state using the form on this page, or you can simply contact our customer response team directly for assistance.
General Collections Training
In addition to our extensive catalogue of state-specific collections training, we also host more general courses from a nationwide perspective with an emphasis on FDCPA and related legislation. Topics covered include:
- Defending FDCPA Claims Based On Collection Letters
- Pre-Suit Collection Strategies
- Collection Ethics
- And more
Collections Training Courses
No matter where you are in your career or what your specific responsibilities include, you can benefit from our insightful collections training.
Collections Training Options
In addition to offering courses covering a diversity of subject matter, Lorman Education Services is proud to provide multiple ways to keep your collections training current:
- Our live webinars let you learn directly from our faculty, without having to travel. All you need is a computer or mobile device with a working internet connection. Dozens of webinars are hosted every month — sign up for our mailing list to have the latest programming updates delivered to your inbox.
- If taking time out of your day to attend a live event isn’t a realistic possibility, don’t worry. All collections training webinars are archived and stored in our OnDemand catalogue, along with other self-study programming such as MP3 audiobooks, technical manuals and more. Browse our current selection of more than 11,800 streaming and downloadable courses today.
Turn Any Course into In-house Training
Tailor any Lorman collections training course into a convenient, in-house training program. Fulfill your organization’s educational needs by bringing your collections training onsite. Taking advantage of an in-house training program allows you the flexibility to decide what and when you want to learn.
The Professionals’ Choice in Online Collections Training
Lorman Education Services is distinguished by our expert faculty, which consists primarily of legal experts from some of the top national firms. To ensure a high quality of programming is maintained, we are highly selective in who we work with, taking care to select instructors based on the informed perspective they can bring to some of the most pressing issues in collections law today. Many of our webinars and self-study classes count as continuing education credits with your state bar association or accountancy board.
Register today to secure your spot in an upcoming collections training webinar. Better yet, purchase an All-Access Pass for guaranteed enrollment in all upcoming webinars, as well as unlimited access to our OnDemand archive. You’ll also receive a number of exclusive perks, such as our monthly newsletter and continuing education credit tracker — all for the low annual price of $699!