30 Accounting & Tax Preparation Courses to Prepare You for Tax Season
Posted on 01/25/21 By Lorman Team
Last year, accounting firms were overwhelmed with various tax law changes – and experts believe this year will offer its own complexities.
So to help you prepare for tax season, we compiled a list of the best accounting and tax preparation courses to help you stay ahead of the curve.
The 2021 tax season will begin Friday, February 12th with a filing deadline of Thursday, April 15th.
Online Accounting and Tax Preparation Courses
The following live and on-demand online accounting and tax preparation courses will help you prepare for tax season:
- Form 1099-NEC: Replacing 1099-MISC Box 7
- IRS Form 5471: Information Return for U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations
- IRS Form 1099 Reporting Update
- Filling Out Form 1099 Fundamentals
- ASC 606: Requirements and Deadlines for the New Revenue Standard
- Manufacturers - Ways to Avoid Large Financial Risks if Audited for Sales and Use Taxes
- Rules and Developments in Agriculture Taxation
- Marijuana Tax Issues and Reporting Requirements
- Basics of Sales and Use Tax
- Use Taxes - The Hidden Dangers and Expanding Nexus
- Understanding IRS Form 1099-NEC and Form 1099-MISC and Best Practices
- Post-Wayfair: Economic Nexus Standards in State Taxation
- Withholding of Taxes on Payments to Foreign Persons and Entities
- TIN Matching to Reduce Your B-Notices and Eliminate Proposed Penalties
- IRS Form 1099-R Reporting Update
- Advanced 1031 Exchange Concepts and Opportunity Zones
- Advanced Records Retention
- Managing Exemptions and Resale Certificates
- Sales Taxation of Internet Transactions: What Now After Wayfair?
- Drop Shipments: Understanding Sales Tax Treatments of the Seller, Shipper, and Customer
- Accounting Method Changes Under the Tax Bill
- Lease Accounting: How It Affects Your Business and Preparing for Compliance
- Segregation of Duties in Accounting
- Vendor Master Files
- Impact and Prevention of Tax Identity Theft
- Asset Sale vs. Stock Sale: Tax Considerations
- Foreign Affiliate Income: State Tax Implications
- Multistate Nexus Standards and the Effects of the South Dakota v. Wayfair Decision
- Form 1099-C Reporting Requirements
- Understanding High Level Financial and Economic Issues and Solutions
How to Prepare for Tax Season 2021
Wondering how to prepare for tax season and stay up to date on important industry trends? Invest in your professional development with the Lorman All-Access Pass.
With the All-Access Pass, you’ll get unlimited access to everything in our ever-growing Learning Library. You can choose from 4,000+ continuing education courses across a variety of topics, including the accounting and tax preparation courses you need to stay productive.
With over 13,000 total resources and 100+ courses added each month, you’ll find the training to prepare for tax season and advance your career.
Everything you need for professional development in one convenient place. Learn more about the Lorman All-Access Pass.
The rapid spread of the COVID-19 is significantly impacting life in the United States. Fortunately for employees and supervisors, there are ways to stay productive and engaged while working remotely during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Virtual instructor-led training is becoming the norm for corporate learning and development initiatives. Learn how you can become a more effective remote instructor and speaker.
As remote work continues to be the norm, some may never return to the office. So why are companies ditching the office and opting for a remote workforce? These are 7 incredible benefits to remote working.