Accounting professionals who invest in their continuing education gain an important advantage that can help further their career. All states, Tennessee included, require that a certain number of CPE hours be completed each year. However, very few take active steps to ensure this training meets acceptable standards for quality. For this reason, it’s especially important to be selective in where and how you earn your CPE credits.
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of CPE in Tennessee and throughout the country. We work hard to offer classes that are accessible and insightful, so that, rather than just meeting your CPE requirements, your training gives you tools to succeed for the long term.
Enhance Your Training With Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services offers a number of convenient ways for Tennessee CPAs to earn CPE credits online:
- Through our live webinar classes. We host dozens of classes each month that are led by industry experts. Access training content from any computer or mobile device — our live webinars give you the opportunity to interact with others in your field without leaving your home or office.
- Through our self-study classes. Our OnDemand content library includes archived webinars, slideshows, audiobooks and more. Download or stream courses at any time. Select self-study classes qualify for Tennessee CPE credit. Visit individual course pages for more information.
Whichever way you choose to keep your training current, all Lorman Education Services courses contain valuable content based on the latest updates to state and federal laws. While many of our training programs are focused nationally, others are based specifically on topics of interest to Tennessee CPAs, including:
- Fair Labor Standards Act in Tennessee
- IRS Form 1099 Reporting in Tennessee: What You Need to Know
- Residential Landlord-Tenant Law in Tennessee
Browse upcoming webinars and archived content by following the links on this page, or use the Search function to find a specific topic that interests you.
Tennessee’s CPE Requirements
CPE requirements in Tennessee are determined by the State Board of Accountancy. According to the most recent revisions to the Board’s guidelines, all actively practicing CPAs in the state must complete 80 credit hours of approved CPE every two-year reporting period. No fewer than 20 can be earned each year, and no more than 24 can be carried over from a previous reporting period. 2.0 hours each reporting period must be in ethics, and 40.0 must be in a technical subject matter (accounting and auditing, tax, management advisory services or ethics). In addition:
- CPAs performing attest services must complete 20 of the 40 technical hours in accounting and auditing.
- CPAs providing expert witness testimony must complete 20 hours in the subject they are considered to be an expert.
No matter what your specific CPE requirements, Lorman Education Services has a wide range of training options that can help you meet them. For the best value in Tennessee CPE online, sign up for an annual All-Access Pass and get unlimited training for an entire year. Contact our customer response team for more information.