Find NFPA-approved continuing-education live webinars, seminars, OnDemand and online training at Lorman Education Services.
Paralegals have come to play an increasingly important role in modern law practice. As such, there is a strong need for nationally recognized credentials that demonstrate competence, integrity and a commitment to ongoing education. The National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA) is a leading organization that works to, among other things, establish a common standard of certification for paralegals across the country. NFPA certification can help you grow your career, making it an excellent investment for any ambitious professional.
NFPA Certification Options
NFPA offers two main paralegal certification programs:
- The Paralegal CORE Competency Exam (PCCE The Paralegal CORE Competency Exam (PCCE), a broad certification intended for new and early-career professionals already in possession of a bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam (PACE) The Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam (PACE), a high-level certification intended for paralegals who are further along in their careers and want to position themselves for advancement. PACE certification requires the completion of a four-hour exam covering the administration of client legal matters, the development of client legal matters, factual and legal research, factual and legal writing and office administration.
Both PCCE and PACE certification require you to participate in ongoing continuing education to keep your certification valid. For PCCE, this involves completing 8.0 hours of approved CLE every two-year period, of which 1.0 must be in professional ethics. For PACE, 12 hours of training are required.
Earning NFPA Credits Online
Online training with Lorman Education Services is the best way to earn NFPA credits online. Our courses cover topics of interest to paralegals in all fields of law. Some recent webinars have included:
- Paralegal's Guide to Evidence: Gathering, Protecting and Spoliation
- Advanced Record Keeping Techniques for Paralegals
- Helpful Microsoft Excel® Uses for Savvy Paralegals
We host dozens of webinars every month, all of which can be easily accessed using any computer or mobile device. Alternately, browse our OnDemand archive, which contains NFPA courses that can be downloaded or streamed at your convenience. These include previously recorded programs as well as e-books, white papers and more. However you prefer to learn, Lorman Education Services has training options for you.
Why Learn at Lorman Education Services?
More than 1.4 million professionals have made Lorman Education Services their first choice for earning NFPA and other credentials online. Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Our faculty, which comprises recognized legal experts from Top 350 law firms nationwide, among other leaders in your field. Faculty are carefully chosen for the perspective they bring to some of today’s most pressing topics.
- Our programming, which strives to be useful for paralegals at any stage of their career. Our webinars give you skills that will help you do your job better and prepare you to take the next professional steps, no matter where you are currently.
- Our All-Access Pass, which allows you to complete an unlimited number of NFPA and other courses for just $699 per year. Sign up today – when it comes to meeting your recertification requirements, there’s no better value in online training.
Find out more about the benefits of Lorman Education Services’ NFPA courses by registering for an upcoming webinar or streaming archived programming today.