Whether you’re just beginning your career as a CPA or have years of experience behind you, there’s a clear benefit to upgrading your skills through continuing professional education (CPE). Regular training is an important part of staying on top of the latest changes to state and federal tax laws, and to exploring areas of practice that can lead to new clients or new opportunities.
In Indiana, CPE is a requirement for staying registered with the state board of accountancy. Beyond that, when you make quality training a priority with Lorman Education Services, ultimately you raise the caliber of service you offer your clients. Keep reading to learn more.
Understanding Your Indiana CPE Requirements
Here’s is some details on how to stay compliant with the Indiana Board of Accountancy’s CPE requirement:
- Professional licenses are renewed in three year cycles.
- CPAs are required to complete a minimum of 120 credit hours of qualifying CPE every renewal period.
- A minimum of 20 credits must be completed each year (in other words, it isn’t permitted to put off your training until the last minute).
- A minimum of 4.0 credit hours each reporting period must be in professional ethics.
- Up to 50% of the total number of credits can be earned through approved self-study options.
- Certificates of completion must be retained for all classes. Each reporting period, between 3-10% of active licenses are audited to confirm Indiana CPE requirements have been met.
CPE Training at Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services offers several convenient ways for Indiana CPAs to earn CPE credits online. Our training options include regular webinars, many of which qualify for Indiana’s live training requirement, and self-study programs which are NASBA QAS-Self Study approved ondemand courses. Our training programs are led by recognized experts in their field, many of which come to us from some of the top 100 accounting firms nationwide.
Browse upcoming and OnDemand courses on this page, or contact our customer response team directly for assistance.
Sign Up and Start Training Today
Lorman Education Services’ flexible training options make meeting your Indiana CPE requirements easy and convenient. Beyond that, our courses strive to deliver genuine value for all accounting professionals. For more than 30 years, we have been helping CPAs across the country grow their careers — sign up for a course today and see for yourself the value of making CPE a priority with Lorman Education Services.
Looking for the best value in earning Indiana CPE credit? Consider purchasing an annual All-Access Pass for just $699. Click here to learn more.