The Certified Transportation Planner (CTP) designation is one of three advanced certifications offered to members of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP). Recognizing “an individual's in-depth knowledge, experience and leadership skills in transportation planning,” the certification is one of the best ways for professionals to distinguish themselves in this vital field.
Why Become CTP Certified?
As cities across the county experience major population growth, and residents continue to look for convenient and sustainable ways to get around, there will be an increased need for planning professionals who specialize in transportation issues. By becoming CTP certified, you gain an important credential that can open the door to new professional opportunities.
Becoming CTP Certified
Becoming CTP certified is a multi-step process that requires:
- Being a member in good standing of the AICP
- Having at least eight years of experience in transportation planning
- Completing three essay questions that demonstrate your experience with transportation planning
- Completing the AICP CTP exam
Keeping your CTP certification valid requires ensuring your AICP continuing education requirements are met. Every two years, AICP members must demonstrate that they have completed 32 credit hours of continuing education, including 1.5 credits in a topic related to professional ethics.
Lorman Education Services Can Help
Lorman Education Services offers a wide range of CTP courses in topics relevant to today’s transportation planning professionals. We can help you get the background training you need to successfully sit for the CTP exam, or earn credits to keep your certification valid. Our programming includes two main types of CTP courses:
- Live webinars. We host dozens of live webinars each month that can be accessed using any computer or mobile device. Live webinars are a great alternative to in-classroom training that still lets you connect with your peers and learn directly from our expert faculty.
- Self-study CTP courses. If you can’t take time away from your day to attend a live webinar, our OnDemand archive of self-study training programming is the next best thing. Download or stream previously recorded webinars, slide show presentations and more at your convenience.
Incisive Content for Transportation Professionals
Lorman Education Services’ courses are more than just a convenient way to earn CTP credits online. Working with a highly qualified faculty, we’ve designed our content to offer genuine value to professionals at all stages of their careers. Reflecting the latest trends, technological advances and legal developments, our CTP courses give you the skills you need to do your job more effectively. Recent programming has included:
- Bikeway Design Principles, Planning and Best Practices
- Roadway Rights of Way: Understanding the Legal and Practical Issues
- Trends, Planning Tools and Design Innovations for Pedestrian Safety and Walkability
And more! Browse our catalogue of upcoming and archived courses by following the links on this page. You can also contact our customer response team directly for answers to any questions related to earning CTP credits online with Lorman Education Services.
Purchase an All-Access Pass and Save
Our All-Access Pass offers the best value for anyone who’s serious about keeping their AICP credentials valid. For just $699/year, you can take an unlimited number of live and archived courses. Purchase yours and start training today!