Lorman Education Services offers multiple convenient ways to earn credits toward CDIP recertification.
In today's healthcare industry, the ability to pass RAC audits and meet ARRA/HITECH standards is increasingly critical. Professionals that have achieved Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) certification from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) will continue to be in high demand in years to come, as more legislation is rolled out and compliance requirements become stricter.
Completion of CDIP training demonstrates to potential employers that you:
- Have a strong understanding of clinical documentation in patient health records
- Are adept at capturing documentation that communicates patients’ health status and conditions
- Are a leader in the greater health informatics and information management (HIIM) community
Getting CDIP certified — and keeping your certification current — can help you improve your earning potential and advance your career.
Who Can Become CDIP Certified?
CDIP certification is open to anyone who either:
- Has two years of clinical documentation improvement experience and either RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CCS-P certification, or an rn-ancc, MD or DO degree
- Has an Associate’s degree that included completion of courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology as well as three years of experience with clinical documentation improvement
Getting certified requires first passing a multiple choice exam and then completing 30 approved credits of continuing education every two-year renewal period.
Earning CDIP Credits Online
Taking approved CDIP courses is a big part of retaining your certification — and potentially a major commitment of time and money. Fortunately, Lorman Education Services can help. We offer online training through approved CDIP courses in topics such as:
- Clinical Documentation Improvement: Using Metrics to Evaluate Your Program
- The Challenges of the Hybrid Medical Records… Its Impact on Clinical, Coding, and Fiscal Outcomes
- The Ins and Outs of Separate and Distinct Services - Documentation and Coding
All our CDIP courses are designed by recognized experts in the fields of clinical documentation and healthcare service delivery. Beyond simply meeting your biennial training requirements, you'll gain valuable information that will augment your certification and help you do your job better.
Train Online at Your Own Pace
Flexible training options have been a hallmark of Lorman Education Services since our founding in 1987. We currently offer two convenient ways to earn CDIP credits online:
- Through our live webinars, which can be accessed from any computer or mobile device. We host dozens of programs every month — check out our current calendar using the links on this page.
- Through our self-study programs, which can be downloaded or streamed at any time. Our OnDemand archive contains hundreds of approved CDIP courses, including previously recorded webinars, manuals and more.
The most economical way to meet your training requirements is with a Lorman Education Services All-Access Pass. This exclusive pass lets you take as many webinars and self-study courses as you want for a full year — all for the low price of just $699. To learn more, keep browsing our website or contact our customer response team directly.