Lorman Education Services offers multiple convenient ways to earn credits toward CCA recertification.
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Certified Coding Associate (CCA) program provides a basic overview of medical coding — a growing and potentially lucrative field with a range of professional opportunities. CCA certification is the most basic coding credential offered by the association, and it’s an excellent entry into working in hospital or physician's practice.
Anyone with a high school diploma can apply for CCA certification — a process requiring successful completion of a multiple choice exam demonstrating your competency with basic coding practices. While not all coding jobs require CCA certification, completing the program can give you a competitive edge over other potential applicants and position you for a successful transition into this rewarding new career.
Keeping Your Credentials Current
CCA certification is something many professionals will obtain as a second income stream or to augment other training. In order to stay up-to-date on the latest changes to the field, CCA credential holders must complete 20 continuing education credits every two-year recertification period. Five of these are earned through a mandatory annual self-review, while the rest require completion of approved training programs.
To help you fulfill this requirement, Lorman Education Services offers a large selection of CCA courses for coding professionals. Our webinars cover a number of topics related to privacy, management and other issues within the larger discipline of health informatics and information management — an important field every healthcare professional should stay current with. Some training programs of particular interest to CCA-certified professionals may include:
- Introduction to New ICD-10 Coding: Preparing for Implementation
- The Ins and Outs of Separate and Distinct Services - Documentation and Coding
- The Challenges of the Hybrid Medical Records… Its Impact on Clinical, Coding, and Fiscal Outcomes
No matter where you are in your career, you'll find a wide range of CCA courses that help you meet your recertification requirements while giving you valuable skills to take back to your job. Browse our catalog by following the links on this page.
Training Options at Lorman Education Services
Lorman Education Services offers multiple ways to earn CCA credits online:
- Our live webinars can be accessed from any computer or mobile device. Hosted by leading experts and attended by professionals from around the country, live CCA courses are a great way to interact with others in your field.
- Our OnDemand archive consists of previously recorded slideshow presentations as well as manuals, white papers and other self-study options. If you prefer to learn at your own pace or can't take time away to attend a live webinar, OnDemand courses can be downloaded or streamed at your convenience.
The best way to earn CCA credits online for less is by purchasing a Lorman Education Services All-Access Pass. For just $699/year, you can take unlimited webinars and archived CCA courses. An All-Access Pass is a great value for any healthcare professional, in particular those holding both CCA and another related AHIMA credential requiring re-certification. Purchase yours and start training today!