Find Uniform Commercial Code Courses Convenient to Your Schedule and Products to Help You Stay Current and Compliant.
First published in 1952, the Uniform Commercial Code provides a set of standards that governs sales laws and commercial transactions in the United States. Like any comprehensive legal document, the code is complex and requires ongoing study to understand completely.
Lorman Education Servicesí online Uniform Commercial Code training courses demystify this important piece of legislation and help your business manage risk more effectively.
Our Uniform Commercial Code Training Courses and Products Help You Understand:
- What can and canít you do under Article 9.
- Benefits and Risks of Strict Foreclosure
- How to Apply Proceeds of Collateral
- Preference and Fraudulent Transfer Issues
- Case Law Surrounding the Uniform Commercial Codes
- And much more!
Uniform Commercial Code Courses
Uniform Commercial Code Resources
Why Make Uniform Commercial Code Training a Priority?
There is no standard certification for Uniform Commercial Code continuing education. To do business in the United States, you donít need to demonstrate you understand this code. However, there are several important reasons why any business should not only familiarize themselves with the code, but invest in ongoing training for their staff:
- Implementation of the Uniform Commercial Code varies from state to state. Some jurisdictions, such as Louisiana and Puerto Rico, have not adopted all parts of the code. Knowing these subtle differences is essential for anyone doing business across the country.
- The code is constantly changing. Recent updates to Articles 9 and 2 have potentially wide-ranging implications for many businesses. New technologies, such as the rise of Bitcoin and other cyber-currencies, aslo will affect the way the code is interpreted.
- Training helps you manage risk. The better you know your rights and responsibilities as a retailer, the better positioned you are to avoid fines, liability and other penalties.
Uniform Commercial Code training courses are perfect for legal counsel and business accounting professionals, too. Many of our classes help you earn professional development credits with your stateís bar association or accountancy board.
Uniform Commercial Code Training at Lorman
Lorman Education Services offers both general and state-specific training in many topics related to Uniform Commercial Code continuing education. Training covers relevant issues such as Article 9 foreclosures, the difference between express and implied warranties under Article 2 and more. Legal and accounting professionals ó who bring an in-depth understanding of the code and its implications ó develop content for every course.
Training is available via live webinars, archived course content, audiobooks, whitepapers, PDF eBooks and more. With a range of self-study options, you can learn at your own pace, from any Internet-enabled computer or mobile device.
Sign up and Start Training Today
Managing risk in a difficult economy requires knowledgeable staff with an in-depth understanding of commercial law in your state. Browse upcoming and OnDemand Uniform Commercial Code training courses on this page. To truly make your education a priority, sign up for an All-Access Pass that gives you unlimited continuing education opportunities for an entire year.