Effective Date: 11/20/2007
This Web site is owned and provided by Lorman Education Services, a division of Lorman Business Center, Inc. ("Lorman"). We can be reached via e-mail email@example.com or by telephone at (715)833-3940. Our address is: 2510 Alpine Road, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Lorman believes that electronic privacy is crucial to the ongoing success of the internet as an educational, commercial, and service medium. This policy summarizes the type of information, including personally identifiable information, that we collect through our Web site and how we might use that information. By using our Web site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Lorman.
Collection and Use of Information
For each visitor to our Web site, our Web server automatically recognizes and collects the domain name of your internet provider (but not your email address), which does not identify you personally. This information may be used to improve the content and usefulness of our Web site and for marketing purposes.
We also collect, retain in our database, and use information voluntarily provided by you under the following circumstances:
- If you participate in an online survey, we collect non-personally identifiable information, which will be used for internal and marketing purposes.
- If you request services, products, or other information through this Web site, we will collect Personally Identifiable Information from you, including Contact Information (name, title, company name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, fax number, and any other information that might facilitate contacting you) and Financial Information (credit or debit card number, bank account number, and any other information that might facilitate collecting payment from you), which will be used to fulfill requests for such services or products.
- If you register to submit or post messages in any forum sponsored by Lorman through this Web site, such as a message board or chat room, we will collect and use your Contact Information for the purposes of maintaining your account in our system. Additionally, when posting messages on message boards or chat rooms, we will post your name (not an alias) with your message.
- If you register for a seminar or order other products through our Web site, we will collect Contact Information and may collect Financial Information from you, to facilitate the registration process. We will provide your Contact Information, but not your Financial Information, to the speakers who are presenting at the seminar(s) you registered to attend, for administrative purposes and to allow them to market their own products and services to you. To obtain the names of speakers with whom we shared your contact information, please submit this request in writing. We will also provide your Contact Information and Financial Information to third parties who perform marketing functions for Lorman or provide us with additional information about your company. Our contracts with such third parties specify that they are not to use your Contact Information and Financial Information for any other purpose.
- If you correspond with Lorman via e-mail, we collect your e-mail address and the content of the e-mail, which will be used to address issues raised by you or to respond appropriately.
In addition to the uses noted above, Lorman may use your Contact Information to market our products and services to you, and may sell or rent your Contact Information, to others for marketing purposes. Please notify us in writing if you do not wish to be marketed to by Lorman, Speakers, or third parties. If you would like to opt out from our email advertisements please visit http://www.lorman.com/contact/subscription.php, enter your email address and tailor your email subscriptions.
Affiliate Information: From time to time, Lorman Education may obtain from its' affiliates the contact information of individuals interested in industry information or services that we provide. We do not sell or disclose your email address to a third party for purposes of marketing.
Lorman may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information in response to legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, and any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide may be transferred in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or other corporate transaction involving Lorman or its assets.
Changes and Modifications
Products and Programs
Lorman may add, delete, or change the content or scheduling of the products and programs presented on this Web site at any time without notice.
Security of Lorman's Web site
Lorman cares about the safety and security of your transaction(s) at our Web site. We redirect visitors to a more secure server to transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, such as credit card information, and take precautions against physical and electronic intrusion to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from visitors to our Web site or from correspondence or other documents. Lorman cannot guarantee the security of information collected through this Web site or stored in its data systems, the accuracy of the information posted on or accessed through this Web site, or that the site is error- and virus-free.
Updating Your Information
Upon written request, we will provide you with the Contact Information and Financial Information that we have collected and maintained about you. You can review and/or update this information by writing to us at the e-mail or postal address at the top of this page.
This Web site may contain links to other sites. Lorman has no control over the information and privacy policies and practices of those Web sites, and is not responsible for their content, collection and use of information, or freedom from error or viruses. It is your responsibility to recognize, by paying attention to your browser’s address bar, when you are leaving Lorman’s site.
Lorman does not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies advertising on our Web site. Lorman is not responsible for any collection or use of information that an outside ad server may have collected from you.
This Privacy Statement forms part of the Terms & Conditions for use of this Web site. You should also review the Terms & Conditions, as your use of this Web site and any dispute arising under this Privacy Statement is subject to the terms and conditions contained therein.