Avoid litigation and ensure your current dress code policies arenâ€™t a ticking time bomb.
With the increase of the #MeToo movement and the growing and urgent need to embrace diversity, now is the time for employers to make sure their dress code and appearance policies arenâ€™t a ticking time bomb. Employers need to be able to set and manage policies, to identify and mitigate legal issues (such as protected class considerations), and to work with employee requests for accommodations. This topic will address workplace dress and appearance, including policy considerations, challenges (including discrimination issues), and best practices. This material will assist those in understanding how to address existing dress and appearance policies to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, local laws, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission rules.
- You will be able to identify types of dress codes.
- You will be able to review health and safety issues.
- You will be able to discuss how to handle accommodation requests.
- You will be able to identify freedom of speech and how it applies.
More Program Information
|Types of Dress Codes|
|Discussion of Policies With Employees|
|Health and Safety Issues|
|Freedom of Speech|
More Program Information
This course was last revised on January 9, 2019.
Call 1-866-352-9540 for further credit information.No Credit Available
This program does NOT qualify, nor meet the National Standard for NASBA accreditation.
Live Webinar Registration
- ASA 1.0
- This program qualifies for 1.0 continuing education hour(s) towards maintaining your ASA credential. Please contact ASA for more information at [email protected]
- AL CLE 1.0
- This course or a portion thereof has been approved by the Alabama State Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for a maximum of 1.0 hours credit.
- AR CLE 1.0
- This course has been approved for 1.0 hours of CLE by the Arkansas CLE Board.
- Arizona CLE 1.0
- The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.0 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona.
- CA MCLE 1.0
- Lorman Business Center, LLC. is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.0 CLE hours of participatory credit.
- CT CLE 1.0
- Neither the Connecticut Judicial Branch nor the Commission on Minimum Continuing Legal Education approve or accredit CLE providers or activities. This course has been approved for CLE credit in jurisdictions aside from CT and therefore it automatically meets the content and delivery requirements in Connecticut. Credit is based on a 60 minute credit hour and shall be awarded as follows: 1.0 CLE credit(s).
- HI CLE 1.0
- This program was approved by the Hawaii State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.0 CLE credit hours.
- IL CLE 1.0
- This course was approved for a total of 1.0 hours of MCLE Credit by the Illinois MCLE Board.
- NH MCLE 1.0
- NH MCLE does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the NH Minimum CLE requirement. Lorman Education Services believes this course meets the requirement of NH Supreme Court Rule 53 and may qualify for CLE credit(s). Program Length: 60 Minutes.
- NJ CLE 1.2
- This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.2 hours of total CLE credit.
- PA CLE 1.0
- This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.0 hours of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
- RI CLE 1.0
- This program has been approved by the Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.0 hours of CLE credit.
- VT CLE 1.0
- This program has been approved by the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board of Vermont for 1.0 hours of CLE credit.
- WA CLE 1.0
- This program has been approved by the Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.0 hours of Law & Legal Procedure credit.
- WI CLE 1.0
- This program has been approved by the Board of Bar Examiners for 1.0 hours for use toward the Wisconsin Mandatory CLE requirement.
- WV MCLE 1.2
- This program has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.2 MCLE hours.
- HR Certification Institute 1.0
- This program has been approved for 1.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR(TM), aPHRi(TM), PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi(TM) and SPHRi(TM)recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
- SHRM 1.0
- Lorman Education Services is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.0 PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
- CPE 1.2 including Personnel/HR 1.2
- Lorman Education Services is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org. For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 866-352-9539. CPE Credit: Maximum Credit Hours: 1.2 each session (based on a 50 minute credit hour). You must attend at least 50 minutes to obtain credit. Field of Study: Personnel/HR for 1.2 hours. Prerequisite: basic knowledge of employment laws. Level of Knowledge: Intermediate. Teaching Method: Seminar/Lecture. Advance Preparation: None. Delivery Method: Group Internet Based. Please refer to the information in this brochure for outline, course content and objectives. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Final approval of a course for CPE credit belongs with each state's regulatory board.
Please note: In order to receive CPE credit for this course you MUST use the streaming audio option, as well as enable and complete the required progress checks.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for human resource professionals, business owners and managers, benefits and payroll professionals, operations managers, presidents, vice presidents, supervisors, managers, controllers, accountants, and attorneys.
More Program Information
Julie A. Proscia, Esq.
- Partner in the law firm of SmithAmundsen LLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment, public and private sectors
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous topics, including supervisor training, wage and hour compliance, and independent contractor issues
- Author of several publications related to the areas of gender identity issues and changes in the workplace, minimizing risk in employment interviews, sexual harassment in public and private sector issues, biometrics/data privacy issues, and social media and municipalities
- Member of the Illinois Senate Task Force on sexual discrimination and harassment awareness, has been selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers List for multiple years, selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, and recognized as 40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to watch
- Can be contacted at 630-587-7911 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- OnDemand Courses
- Live Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.