Website Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: June 6, 2019
You may view, copy, print, and/or distribute material from this Web site subject to the following conditions:
- The material is used for internal, personal, non-commercial and informational purposes only;
- The material may not be copied, distributed, modified, transmitted, reused, re-posted or otherwise displayed for public or commercial purposes without the express written permission of Lorman for each such use of the material;
- Lorman's copyright notice ("© 2000-2019 Lorman Business Center, Inc. All Rights Reserved.") and the World Wide Web address ("http://www.lorman.com") are prominently displayed on the material.
The trademarks, service marks and logos (including the names Lorman, Lorman Education Services and the "Lorman Education Services" logo) used and displayed on this Web site belong to Lorman or others. Nothing on this Web site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this Web site, without the prior written permission of the trademark owner. This Web site is copyrighted.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we request that our visitors do the same. If you think that your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our customer service department, who can be reached as follows: Customer Service, Lorman Education Services, 2510 Alpine Rd, Eau Claire, WI 54703, 715-833-3940, or at [email protected].
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of this Web site is at your risk. THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS," FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEMINAR MATERIALS, CONTINUING EDUCATION MATERIALS AND ALL OTHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND RELATED MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE OR INCLUDED ON THE WEBSITE BY REFERENCE OR WEBLINK WERE PREPARED BY PARTIES OTHER THAN LORMAN. ACCORDINGLY, LORMAN TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY OR APPROPRIATENESS OF ANY CONTENT STATEMENTS OR ADVICE CONTAINED IN THOSE MATERIALS. LORMAN WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS WEB SITE. LORMAN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEB SITE OR THE SERVERS MAKING THIS SITE AVAILABLE ARE VIRUS FREE. The information contained on this Web site could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and information may be changed, updated, and/or deleted without notice. Lorman may make improvements and/or changes in the products and programs described on this Web site at any time.
The material appearing in this web site is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The information provided herein is intended only as general information which may or may not reflect the most current developments. Although these materials may be prepared by professionals, they should not be used as a substitute for professional services. If legal or other professional advice is required, the services of a professional should be sought.
The opinions or viewpoints expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Lorman. All materials and content were prepared by persons and/or entities other than Lorman, and said other persons and/or entities are solely responsible for their content.
Any links to other web sites are not intended to be referrals or endorsements of these sites. The links provided are maintained by the respective organizations, and they are solely responsible for the content of their own sites.
This Web site may contain links to other sites. Lorman has no control over the information and privacy policies and practices of those Web sites, and is not responsible for their content, collection and use of information, or freedom from error or viruses. It is your responsibility to recognize, by paying attention to your browser’s address bar, when you are leaving Lorman’s site.
Services & Products
The information on this Web site is presented only for the promotion of services and products available in the United States unless otherwise specified. Lorman makes no representation or warranty that this Web site is applicable or appropriate for use in any jurisdiction outside of the United States.
Seminars and live webinars will be recorded. Your registration constitutes your consent to such recording.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
All-Access Pass Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: June 6, 2019
- Your Lorman All-Access Pass is for your personal use only. By logging into your account you agree that you will not disclose your password to any other person or in any way share or transfer access provided by your all-access pass to anyone else. You agree that you will not permit access through a single name and password to multiple users on a network. Lorman Education Services has the right to terminate your license if it is determined that you are allowing another person to use your license.
- Annual all-access passes are granted as an individual single user license for any training and bookstore products. “Training and bookstore products” include, but are not limited to, live webinars, seminars, ondemand webinars, cd & manual packages, manuals, electronic manuals, podcasts and any other pass-only content.
- Training and bookstore products cannot be copied, reprinted, reposted, resold or distributed to another party.
- No continuing education credit will be given to anyone other than the registered pass holder for training and bookstore products when registering or purchasing through a personal all-access pass license.
- The contact information, including street and email address, used to purchase the all-access pass will be the contact information associated with all training and bookstore product orders. All pass holder communications including confirmation emails and product deliveries will be sent to the addresses provided during all-access pass registration. This is also the information that will be included on all continuing education certificates.
- Pass holders are responsible for the safeguarding and security of their personal username and password.
- The all-access pass fee will be the amount agreed at the time of your enrollment. The amount of future all-access pass fees will be established by Lorman Education Services, and may change within its discretion.
- Lorman Education Services reserves the right to refuse any application for an all-access pass at its sole discretion without any reason.
- All-access passes will expire one year from date of purchase and will not be automatically renewed. To extend the length of the all-access pass a renewal pass must be purchased.
- Lorman Education Services does not guarantee 100% availability of the website and materials since outages (whether due to Lorman Education’s services or somewhere between the servers and the pass holder’s location) could happen.
- Lorman Education Services reserves the right to add or remove all-access pass holder benefits at any time, at its sole discretion.
- Lorman Education Services reserves the right to change the pass holder terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion and will provide notice to the pass holder of such changes.
- Lorman Education Services Pass Holder Terms and Conditions apply to Company Passes where companies purchase multiple individual all-access passes.
- Throughout your all-access pass term with Lorman you may receive information about a change in terms or features or account balance information regarding your All-Access Pass membership with Lorman Education as an ongoing commercial relationship.
- Your Lorman All-Access Pass will provide you with unlimited access to Live Webinars held within your license term. Any live webinars held outside of your membership term are subject to full price tuition. If you attend a live webinar held within your membership term, and the live webinar is rescheduled due to Lorman’s right to reschedule, you will still be given the ability to attend the live webinar on its rescheduled date.
- Your Lorman All-Access Pass provides you unlimited access to our entire OnDemand webinar catalog. During the term of your all-access pass, you will be allowed to access any and all available OnDemand webinars through your all-access pass license. If you choose to not renew and your All-Access Pass expires, access to any and all ondemand webinars will be removed from your training history. If you choose to renew after your expiration date, courses you previously accessed will not become available as you will be considered a new pass holder at that time. To prevent complete loss of your courses, we recommend you renew before expiration date.
Licensed Account Cancellation and Termination
- If you are not satisfied with your all-access pass you may be eligible for a credit to your Lorman Education Services account based on the length of time you’ve held your all-access pass, less the full price of any benefits you have used. Contact customer service at 866.226.0828 to check eligibility.
- Pass holder benefits are non-transferable. If you transfer pass holder benefits to another person including, but not limited to, free registrations, continuing education credit requests, registrations, and product discounts, you may be subject to your all-access pass being terminated without refund.
- Any breach of these terms shall be reason to terminate your all-access pass without a refund or compensation. Upon learning of any breach, Lorman Education Services will immediately suspend access to your all-access pass benefits.
IN ADDITION TO OTHER LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN NO EVENT WILL Lorman education services OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO Lorman education services WEB SITE, YOUR USE OF lorman education services WEB SITE, OR YOUR all-access pass. Lorman education service’S TOTAL LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, WILL NOT EXCEED THE LAST ANNUAL pass holder FEE YOU PAID. THESE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND WILL SURVIVE THE CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR all-access pass. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES - IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
By becoming an all-access pass holder, you agree with this Agreement, Site Use, and Privacy Policies, which are final and binding in all respects.
Professional Directory Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: June 6, 2019
- As a Professional Directory Listing Holder, herein referred to as “LISTOR(s)”, you acknowledge your listing will expire one year from the date of purchase. Lorman will not automatically renew or charge you for an extension of your listing at the time of expiration. To extend the length of the listing, a renewal listing may be purchased.
- Your Lorman Professional Directory listing is for your personal use only. By logging into your account you agree that you will not disclose your password to any other person or in any way share or transfer access provided by your Professional Directory listing to anyone else. You agree that you will not permit access through a single name and password to multiple users on a network. Lorman Education Services has the right to terminate your account if it is determined that you are allowing another person to use your listing.
- LISTORS are responsible for the safeguarding and security of their personal username and password.
- The Professional Directory Listing fee will be the amount agreed upon at the time of your purchase. The amount of future Listing fees will be established by Lorman, and may change within Lorman’s discretion.
- It is the responsibility of professionals and firms to ensure that any information or advertisements they post or place on the Lorman website and any communications they may have with prospective clients through the Professional Directory platform, fully complies with all applicable laws.
- Lorman will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and expire accounts of repeat offenders according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you believe that any material on the Professional Directory infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you can file a DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement with Lorman's Designated Copyright Agent:
Lorman Copyright Agent
2510 Alpine Rd, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Telephone: (715) 833-3940
- The Professional Directory includes interactive areas in which the LISTOR may post content and information. The LISTOR retains all rights in, and is solely responsible for, the information the LISTOR posts to The Professional Directory. The LISTOR is also solely responsible for the use of such interactive features, and should use them at their own risk. Lorman reserves the right to remove or modify any content or information for any reason, including content that we believe violates the Terms and Conditions or our policies.
- The LISTOR hereby grants to Lorman and its affiliates a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any LISTOR Content attached to the Listing throughout the world in any media. This license includes the right to reproduce your Listing, including name, profile content, and photograph.
- Lorman reserves the right to refuse any application for a Professional Directory Listing at its sole discretion without any reason.
- Lorman does not guarantee 100% availability of the website and listings since outages (whether due to Lorman’s services or somewhere between the servers and the “LISTOR’S” location) could happen.
- Lorman reserves the right to add or remove Professional Directory Listing holder benefits at any time, at its sole discretion.
- Lorman reserves the right to change the Professional Directory Listing holder terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion and will provide notice to the listing holder of such changes.
- Lorman Professional Directory Listing Holder Terms and Conditions apply to Company Listings where companies purchase multiple individual Professional Directory Listings.
- Throughout your Professional Directory Listing term with Lorman you may receive information about a change in terms or features or account balance information regarding your Professional Directory Listing with Lorman as an ongoing commercial relationship.
- Your Professional Directory Listing provides you access to data about your listing. During the term of your listing, you will be allowed to access any and all available data through your listing dashboard. If you choose to not renew and your listing expires, access to any and all data will be removed from your listing dashboard. If you choose to renew after your expiration date, data you previously accessed will not become available as you will be considered a new listing holder at that time. To prevent complete loss of your data, we recommend you renew before the expiration date.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the LISTOR and Lorman with respect to the Professional Directory, and supersede and replace any prior version of the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions create no third party beneficiary rights.
- Lorman’s inadequacy to enforce a provision of these Terms and Conditions is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect and an enforceable Term or Terms will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible.
Listing Account Cancellation and Termination
- You may request your professional directory listing be refunded if you are not satisfied. Refund requests must be made within 30 days of the purchase date for a full refund, less a $50 registration fee. If you do request a refund, your listing will be inactive.
- Professional Directory Listing benefits are non-transferable. If you transfer listing holder benefits to another person you may be subject to your listing being terminated without refund.
- Any breach of these terms shall be reason to terminate your Professional Directory listing without a refund or compensation. Upon learning of any breach, Lorman will immediately suspend access to your listing benefits.
Using (Searching Within) the Professional Directory
- The content found on Lorman is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a stepping stone for addressing common inquiries. The content is not the arrangement of legal services, and accessing such content, or corresponding with or asking questions to a lawyer or other professional via Lorman’s services does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Lorman, or you and any lawyer or professional. The content is not a substitute for an in-person or other audio or digital consultation with a lawyer or other professional licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific inquiry. You should not rely on such information. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to Lorman are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege.
- The Lorman Professional Directory simply provides an intermediary of communication between professionals and consumers. Lorman has no liability, either primarily or secondarily, for compensating any professional on your behalf. Any and all fees incurred for services charged by the professional are as a result of discussions and communications made between you and the professional you communicate with—not between you and Lorman. Understand that Lorman cannot be held responsible for the quality or accuracy of any information or services provided by lawyers or other professionals you connect with via Lorman.