When is an accident something more?
As the number of high-profile construction accidents, both domestic and abroad, has grown and media coverage has intensified, the construction industry has trained its focus on not only the best practices for preventing accidents, but also the potential consequences when these incidents are more than accidents. This white paper provides an overview of job site construction accidents implicating criminal investigations.
Cheri Turnage Gatlin
Krebs Farley & Pelleteri LLC
Cheri Turnage Gatlin is an attorney in the law firm of Brunini, Grantham, Grower & Hewes, PLLC, where she practices in the areas of personal injury, mass torts, professional and product liability, construction, and surety and fidelity. She received her B.S. degree from Mississippi College and her J.D. degree, with special distinction, from Mississippi College School of Law. Ms. Gatlin is a member of the Mississippi Bar (co-chair Publications Committee), American Bar (Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Forum Committee on the Construction Industry, Technology Subcommittee), Jackson Young Lawyers (District Representative, Young Lawyers Division, Mississippi Affiliate), and Mississippi Defense Lawyers Associations. She is a member of forum on The Construction Industry (Steering Committee for Division 5). Ms. Gatlin is a co-author of “Annual Seminar”, Memphis Bar Association Bankruptcy Section; author of “Discovery of Information From An Insurer”, 3 Fidelity Law Association Journal, “Of Man-Hours and Means: Analyzing Claims for Lost Productivity”, The Construction Lawyer, and “Contractual Limitations on the Right to Recover Delay Damages and Judicial Enforcement of Limitations”, The Construction Lawyer; and co-editor of “Fundamentals of Construction Law”, Forum on the Construction Industry, American Bar Association. She was admitted to Mississippi State Courts, U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, and U.S. State Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Christopher D. Meyer
Burr & Forman
- Partner in the Jackson, Mississippi office of Burr & Forman LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of construction and project development, from preconstruction contract negotiation, to managing and resolving construction claims, to navigating post-construction operations issues
- Counseled and represented clients regarding numerous jobsite accidents, which resulted in severe injury and death
- Active member of the American Bar Association Forum on construction law
- J.D. degree, University of Miami
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 601-709-3455
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.