Are you familiar with the technology amendments to the rules of professional conduct?
The ABA Commission considered rules and standards in light of advances in technology and global legal practice developments. The commission reviewed several issues including lawyer mobility, practice of out-of-state and foreign lawyers, and ethics issues that came about due to new forms of advertising, to name a few. This review resulted in amendments to the model rules in 2012. Our speaker, Brett Harris, reviews responses to these amendments and provides an analysis of Opinion 477R. She also reviews how to use reasonable electronic security measures and how electronic communications should be protected.
Brett R. Harris, Esq.
Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Business, nonprofit and technology attorney, shareholder in the Woodbridge, New Jersey office of Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Has a corporate transactional practice, focusing on counseling charities and foundations on their exempt status, governance and compliance, and also handles intellectual property and cybersecurity matters
- Member of the Legal Working Group for the Center for Nonprofits, an umbrella organization for New Jersey 501(c)(3)s providing advocacy, resources, training and information to strengthen nonprofits and help them thrive
- Appointed in March of 2020 by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a trustee of The IOLTA Fund of the Bar of New Jersey
- Serves as general counsel to the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, immediate past chair of the Business Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, a trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Women in the Profession Section, and a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Bylaws and Resolutions Standing Committee
- Named as one of the Top 25 Leading Women by Leading Women Entrepreneurs & Business Owners in 2019 and one of NJBIZ Magazine’s Best 50 Women in Business in 2012
- Member of the Nonprofit Forum Steering Committee of Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- Can be contacted at 732-855-6122 and [email protected], or follow her on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter @BrettHarrisEsq for posts on business and nonprofit matters, technology law and issues of interest to professional women
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.