Don't sign another contract until after you've learned this information.
Most businesses enter into contracts thinking they know precisely what they want to accomplish and what they have agreed to. All too often, this is not actually the case. Written agreements may not reflect what a business believes it negotiated. Parties may later recall terms different from what seems to be reflected in the initial agreement. And all too often, the legal boilerplate terms turn out to matter in ways never considered by the parties. This topic will help you avoid many of the common problems that can lead to expensive litigation by addressing these and other fundamental issues in contract negotiation and execution. This information will address some of the hidden issues in contract negotiation and execution that, once you recognize them, you can use to your advantage in reaching beneficial business contracts.
Sean R. Smith
Continuum Legal Group LLP
- Attorney with Taylor English Duma LLP in Atlanta
- Represents companies and individuals in a multitude of different areas of litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Tried multiple actions in state and federal courts in Georgia and surrounding states, including a representation of Time Inc., which was noted as one of the 15 significant defense verdicts in the country in 1996
- Represented numerous clients in appeals in both state and federal court
- Advises clients on an ongoing basis regarding various methods of avoiding litigation and making litigation more effective and efficient when it is necessary
- Briefed and argued appeals in numerous appellate courts, including the 11th Circuit, 6th Circuit, the Supreme Courts of Georgia and Montana, and the Court of Appeals of Georgia
- J.D. degree, University of Chicago; A.B. degree, on the law review and was a Hinton Moot Court Finalist, Harvard College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.