Gain an understanding of how artificial intelligence is utilized in health care.
Faster, better, and cheaper. Health care has rapidly digitized resulting in the creation of immense amounts of patient data that serves as a key ingredient to rapid generation of insights through the use of artificial intelligence (AI). As data flows through the health care internet of things including EHRs, medical devices, diagnostic software, and numerous other connected systems, AI may help organizations leverage data in novel ways to transform the health care and life sciences industries. Responsible use of AI may unlock insights, spur innovation, drive quality and efficient improvements, and control costs. Yet, the use of AI is largely unregulated today and continues to create various legal risks and pose ethical questions.
This topic will prepare you to understand the landscape of legal and ethical issues related to AI in health care. The information will also help you navigate risks associated with the development, implementation and use of AI in health care.
Alaap B. Shah, J.D., MPH
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Assisted numerous clients with investigation, response, and reporting of data breaches and ransomware attacks
- Featured in AHLA Connections Magazine Member Spotlight for June 2022 - https://www.ebglaw.com/insights/alaap-shah-featured-in-ahla-connections-magazine-member-spotlight/
- Presented on Data Governance and Artificial Intelligence to the OCR/NIST HIPAA Summit in 2019 - https://www.nist.gov/system/files/documents/2019/10/15/1-6-dg-and-ai-in-healthcare-shah.pdf
- Published on Recognized Security Practices in the Context of Data Breach Enforcement, National Law Review
- Served on Planning Committee for AHLA’s Health Care Data Program in 2022, American Health Law Association
- Published on Data Breaches and HIPAA Enforcement Trends, JDSupra
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, D.C., office of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Focuses her practice on health care compliance; telehealth and telemedicine; privacy, cybersecurity, and data asset management; and government investigations and litigation
- Counsels clients on compliance with HIPAA privacy and security rules and other relevant privacy laws, rules, and regulations regarding protected health information and assists clients with legal issues related to big data analytics and digital health strategies
- Contributing author of Epstein Becker Green’s Telemental Health Laws app, a comprehensive survey of state telehealth laws, regulations, and policies for mental and behavioral health practitioners and stakeholders across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.