This slide deck will discuss the inadequacies of the two-and-only-two sex/gender paradigm currently assumed by Western thought. It will address the problems of engaging in the fallacy of dichotomous gender when dealing with gender variant clients including both intersexed and transgender individuals. The purpose of this webinar is to educate the audience on the effect that this understanding of sex and gender has on us all, provide clinical understanding of the sex/gender paradigm, and to help clinicians gain a better understanding of clients that fall outside of the assumed dichotomy so that more efficacious therapy can be provided. You will walk away with an expanded view of that part of humanity referred to as, sex and gender.
Kand S. McQueen, Ph.D.
- Associate professor at Indiana State University
- Keynote speaker on issues of transgenderism and the inadequacies of the sex/gender paradigm
- Recent presentations have included: Harmony Alternative School, Bloomington, Indiana; Sex & Gender: Why Two Are Definitely Not Enough (And Why It Matters) (2014); Siena Heights University, Adrian, Michigan, Sex & Gender: Why Two Are Definitely Not Enough (And Why It Matters) (2014); St. Petersburg College. St. Petersburg, Florida, Breaking the Gender Dichotomy: Why Two Are Definitely Not Enough (2013)
- Has spoken at numerous CEU workshops and trainings on topics related to her areas of expertise
- Can be contacted at http://KandMcQueen.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.