States are currently deciding whether to implement the Medicaid expansion and are working to establish the new insurance apparatus - known as the health insurance exchange - that supports the centerpiece of the new law, the individual mandate to purchase health insurance. These groundbreaking provisions go into effect on January 1, 2014. Meanwhile, changes to Medicare under the ACA call for increased care coordination. The new health reform provisions will have profound implications for social workers and the clients they serve. This slide deck helps social workers understand the challenges and the opportunities presented by the ACA by explaining the key provisions of the law and suggesting steps that social workers can take to advance the role of the profession to fulfill of the aims of the ACA.
Christina M. Andrews, Ph.D.
University of South Carolina
Christina M. Andrews, Ph.D., MSW
- Assistant professor
- Research interests include the accessibility, organization and financing of substance abuse treatment; gender, racial and ethnic disparities in treatment service access; and the impact of the Affordable Care Act on the provision of substance abuse treatment services in the United States
- Her most recent project examines the capacity of the treatment system to respond to rising service demand among newly-insured low-income Americans under health reform
- Recently served as an investigator on a multiyear research project with the State of Illinois Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse to improve linkages across the state’s continuum of care for substance use disorders
- In 2011, she received the Robert L. Schneider Award for Influencing State Policy for best dissertation focusing on state policy issues
- Ph.D. degree, University of Chicago
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.