This OnDemand Webinar addresses the strategies helping professionals can use to bridge those tensions, to deliver effective, ethical services. You will learn about ethical decision making, explore the practice norms associated with various child-serving settings, and apply ethical, legal, and practice standards to work with minors.
•You will be able to discuss the complexity of service to minors.
•You will be able to identify ethical dilemmas.
•You will be able to review intuition vs. model-based decisions.
Kim Strom-Gottfried, Ph.D., LISW
UNC-Chapel Hill School of Social Work
- Smith P. Theimann Jr. Distinguished Professor of Ethics and Professional Practice at the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Social Work
- Director, UNC Office of Ethics Education and Policy Management
- Teaches in the areas of leadership and education
- Scholarly interests involve ethics, moral courage, and leadership
- Has written more than 60 articles, monographs and chapters on the ethics and practice
- Author of Straight Talk about Professional Ethics and The Ethics of Practice with Minors: High Stakes and Hard Choices and the forthcoming book Cultivating Courage
- Co-author of the texts Best of Boards, Direct Social Work Practice and Teaching Social Work Values and Ethics: A Curriculum Resource
- Active in training, consultation and research on professional ethics for national and international audience
- MSW, Adelphi University; PhD, Case Western Reserve University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 919-445-8362
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.