Failure to comply with the Davis-Bacon Act can have dire consequences - make sure you are compliant.
Gain valuable insight into recent changes to and developments with the federal prevailing wage law (Davis Bacon & Related Acts - DBRA). Prevailing wage requirements can be nuanced and confusing. Unfortunately, seemingly minor missteps can lead to substantial and crippling liability. You will learn sensible strategies to limit liability and increase competitiveness when bidding on prevailing wage projects. Our speaker has substantial real-world experience defending companies during prevailing wage audits and litigation under the DBRA. In addition, our speaker's active involvement with legislation and enforcement developments allows him to offer key insights into unique issues and difficulties facing contractors. There will be time for questions and answers to ensure each participant can address specific scenarios to enter the bidding season with confidence and the know-how to bid, secure, and perform on prevailing wage projects in full compliance with the law.
Jeffrey A. Risch, Esq.
- Partner and chair of SmithAmundsen’s Labor & Employment Practice Group - Chicago, Illinois
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of management-side labor and employment, in both employment litigation and traditional labor matters
- Experience representing employers in federal, state, and administrative venues
- Named to the 2010 Chicago Law Bulletin’s 40 Under 40; Best Lawyers, 2015-2021; Illinois SuperLawyers, 2012 -2021
- Chair, Employment Law Council – Illinois State Chamber of Commerce
- Chapter Labor Counsel – Associated Builders & Contractors of Illinois
- Chapter Labor Counsel – Northern Illinois Building Contractors Association
- Chapter Labor Counsel – Finishing Contractors Association of Illinois
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 630-587-7922
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.