With more individuals using trusts in estate planning, knowing how to prepare an accurate Form 1041 is becoming more important than ever.
Many preparers of Form 1041s do not understand the differences between the types of trusts for which they are preparing the tax return and the differences in reporting for each various type of trust, or they may not understand the various rules related to reporting for estates. In addition, many are unaware of the different elections that may be available to the taxpayer. This topic will teach you how to prepare Form 1041s for Estates and Trusts accurately. The material also explains the often misunderstood concepts of Income in Respect of Decedent (IRD) and Distributable Net Income (DNI). This course also explains the various deductions available to the taxpayer. Most importantly, it will point out the common mistakes made by tax preparers in preparing 1041s and how to avoid them.
Jo Ann Gambale, Esq.
Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Chair of the Trusts & Estates Department at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of taxation, estate planning, and estate administration
- Conducts seminars and workshops on estate planning, taxation, and formation of partnerships and LLCs
- Past Executive Committee Member of the California State Bar Taxation Section; Past co-chair of the San Diego County Bar Association Tax Section
- Selected for inclusion in the ‘Ones to Watch’ 2021 list of Best Lawyers in America in the area of Trusts and Estates
- LL.M. degree in taxation, University of San Diego; J.D. degree, Georgetown University Law Center
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or (732)855-6091
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.