Learn about the alternatives to foreclosures and how the CARES Act legislation has affected them.
This topic will focus on the process and procedures of a mortgage foreclosure, specifically a judicial mortgage foreclosure. The material will discuss the differences though between a judicial and nonjudicial foreclosure. Learn what creditors faced during a foreclosure prior to the current COVID-19 world. The main part of the topic will focus on what a creditor and/or its counsel can expect moving forward in 2021. What will a post-COVID-19 foreclosure world look like? What types of litigation can be expected? How long will a typical foreclosure take due to the expected court backlogs? What can creditors do to prepare, loss mitigation options to avoid a foreclosure?
More Program Information
More Program Information
Keri P. Ebeck
- Partner-In-Charge of the Bankruptcy Practice group at Bernstein-Burkley, P.C.
- Practice focuses primarily on consumer and commercial bankruptcy for creditors
- Conducts regular seminars/live webinars and workshops on bankruptcy on a national level
- Represents creditors nationally and is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Northern District of Ohio, all four districts of Texas, Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana, Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and U.S. Supreme Court.
- Received American Legal and Financial Network (ALFN)’s 2017 JPEG: Picture the Future Award
- Immediate past chair of Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association, current vice-chair of the Finance Committee of Allegheny County Bar Association, current vice-chair of the Investment Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association, member of American Legal Financial Network (ALFN), Bankruptcy and Women in Legal Leadership committees, member of Legal League 100, member of Turnaround Management Association, and finance chair of Judith K. Fitzgerald Bankruptcy Inns of Court
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 412-456-8112
Nicole Mariani Noel
Kass Shuler, P.A.
- Shareholder/Partner at Kass Shuler, PA.
- Heads the Bankruptcy Practice group for Kass Shuler, PA and handles cases throughout the State of Florida, including the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts, practicing in the fields of bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and insolvency, real estate, and consumer and business litigation
- Memberships includes the American Bankruptcy Institute, Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association (TBBBA), The Florida Bar, and the American Legal and Financial Network
- Co-chairs the Bankruptcy Practice Group for the American Legal and Financial Network (ALFN) and formerly co-chaired the Case Law Update Subcommittee for the Real Property Finance and Lending Committee of the RPPTL Section of the Florida Bar
- Board of Directors for the Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, chaired the Pro Bono and Community Service Committee, and later served as the Editor for The Cramdown, the quarterly publication of the TBBBA
- Published work includes Was Brown a Rash Decision? (The Cramdown, Summer 2014); Incompatible Personalities: Investigating the Mutually Exclusive Nature of § 1322(b)(2), (5) (ABI Journal, November 2012) and Stripping Down Your Spouse: Tenancy by the Entirety Property Ownership under § 506 (ABI YLC Newsletter, September 2012); recently wrote a chapter on bankruptcy in Florida foreclosure law published by Fastcase
- Adjunct professor at St. Petersburg College and Hillsborough Community College teaching bankruptcy, business law, and civil litigation
- Selected for the 2016 NextGeneration program held by the Bankruptcy Judges during the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (NCBJ)
- Fellow for the Florida Bar Leadership Academy; named one of ALFN’s Junior Professionals and Executives Group (JPEG)’s stand-out young professional to watch in 2016
- Can be contacted at 813-229-0900 ext. 1343 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.