Gain an understanding of the available tax incentives and which are the best for you.
Many taxpayers do not realize there are export tax incentives available and the best way to maximize the benefits from those incentives. This topic will discuss the export tax incentives that are available today. The material will discuss how to qualify for the incentives, the structure for claiming the incentives, and the substantiation requirements to claim the benefits. The information will compare and contrast the two regimes to enable you to understand which benefit(s) is best for you. Finally, the topic will discuss potential legislative developments that can impact the export tax regime.
More Program Information
More Program Information
Brian D. Dill, J.D., LL.M.
- Principal at Cherry Bekaert
- As the International Tax Practice Leader, he directs the firm’s worldwide resources in developing and delivering practical, customized tax solutions suited for today’s complex global tax landscape
- Provides a full suite of international tax and accounting services for clients, including global tax structuring and tax planning, intellectual property migration strategies, international mergers and acquisitions, transfer pricing, inbound U.S. investment strategies, and import and export strategies
- Since 1995, he has worked to meet the needs of growth-oriented clients in the industrial and manufacturing sectors, as well as those in the technology, software, and health & life sciences industries
- Fortune 1000 corporations, middle-market private companies, venture-backed businesses, and others have also benefited from his guidance
- Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, he served as an international tax principal for a national firm; he has also held senior international tax positions at two Big Four firms
- LL.M. degree in taxation, Denver University; J.D. degree, University of Tulsa College of Law; M.S. degree in accountancy, Bentley College; B.B.A. degree in finance and economics, Baylor University
William Y. Hooker, CPA, J.D.
- Director, International Tax Services at Cherry Bekaert
- Licensed CPA and attorney with experience in audit, business administration and tax, and specialty experience focusing solely in international tax consulting and compliance
- Has accumulated a broad array of global business experience with positions at Arthur Andersen, a publicly traded global media company, and two Big Four firms
- Based in Atlanta, he has advised a wide variety of companies on numerous inbound and outbound international tax consulting, compliance, and global structuring issues
Michael Cornett, CPA, J.D.
- Director in the International Tax Group at Cherry Bekaert
- Began practicing in the federal income tax field with an emphasis in international tax issues in 1984, since 1988 he specializes in complex international corporate tax issues, including international corporate restructuring and supply chain structuring
- Specific areas of substantive expertise include Subpart F planning, cross-border transactional planning and structuring, mergers and acquisitions (domestic and international), joint venture structuring, entity classification, check the box planning, intangible property planning, and electronic commerce issues
- Handled negotiations with the IRS on various international tax matters including cost sharing arrangements and competent authority matters
- Worked in the national office in two of the Big 4 accounting firms; he has also worked for major law firms and was the Special Counsel to the Associate Chief Counsel (International) in the Chief Counsel’s Office at the Internal Revenue Service
- LL.M. degree in tax, Georgetown University Law Center; J.D. degree, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; B.S. degree in accounting, University of Notre Dame
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.